Failed Update KB978474 OfficeExcel 2003.ErrorCode0x80070643

Tomas Nugis Stockholm Sweden

Failed Update KB978474 OfficeExcel 2003.ErrorCode0x80070643
2010-03-18 Tomas Nugis Stockholm Sweden.Win Vista Business.Office 2003.
Failed update Excel 2003. KB 978474
First of all.Thanks to PA Bear for all your webbsites to solve this
update.Professional
1.Info: I"ve found failure code 779 ( HEX code 1913).ERROR code 0x800 70 643
is a generall code for Win Installer problems.
2.I found info in Log files and the Registry Editor key. You can get ALL
info there.
I check what has happend and all the folders and files. So fare so good.
3. I sent a request to MS Support in Sweden about the failed update KB 978474.
4. I got the answere:With Fix it files , downloads and all the programs you
need.
I check the computer in the Registry Edit key, and ALL the other files.
Everything seemed to be OK. No virus or damage files, other problems.
BEFORE this check, I controlled ALL the files that are affected in this
case. It was normally , OK. (But I"m not professional to
understand EVERYTHING).
5. After running the computer with all these "fix and solve" the problem
downloads"
files, I try to update. ( I did this check TWICE ). I took 45 minutes each
time .
And in the end: Started up the computer and try to update. Sorry ! FAILURE.
6.It didn"t work out ? Now I have contacted/feedback the MS support once
again.
How to move on to solve the update ? I found info from MS on the webb that
it is a RISK for disc crash , if you don"t update , and the updates keeps on
running.
I don"t know how big the risk is ? I"ve turn off the automatic update. I saw
on the discussion group that ohters have problems with update software Office
2007 and the update KB 978474. First I belived that this problem has to do
with Office 2003. It is made for XP. Vista was NOT working in those days. In
any case,Office 2003 HAS been working with Vista and its updates since aug
2009 when I installed the Office 2003. My belive is that Excel 2003 is OK.But
somenthing is " WRONG " but WHAT ?
7. I"m now waiting for feedback and reply from MS Support in Sweden. Maybe
the MS support is more professional and more educated technique in USA ?
8. Reflexion: If the human being can put a person on the moon 1969 then should
MS has the knowledge to solve this update. Or maybe its a problem for just MY
computer and a few others ? I DON"T belive it is so. The update should
function.
9. So this is my tribute and facts that I know for today . It nearly "drives
me crazy" .
10.If anybody in the cyberspace has a solution. Please let us know .
I request/pray that there is someone that has the solution. MS support
should have
the ansere to solve the "mysterious " update KB 978474.
11. Don"t give up the fight" ! There is a solution in one or another way .
12. Please forgive me if all the words and spelling are NOT 100% correct .
I hope you understand the message . I"m a swede and NOT well educated in
english. But I have been dealing with rock"n rollmusic and watching TV for 40
years. However I use a dictionary called Lexin. It helps .
13. Take care and best regards from Tomas Nugis in Sweden Stockholm !

Tomas Nugis Stockholm Sweden

20100318.Failed Update KB978474 OfficeExcel 2003.ErrorCode0x800706
2010-03-18 . Tomas Nugis Sweden. My own reply.Extra info
I would like to have this info on the Google and other webbs like
Vista info + other webb sides as a information. I try to send it once again
with the Notify me of replies markt with x.

"Tomas Nugis Stockholm Sweden" wrote:

> [...]

> function.
> 9. So this is my tribute and facts that I know for today . It nearly "drives
> me crazy" .
> 10.If anybody in the cyberspace has a solution. Please let us know .
> I request/pray that there is someone that has the solution. MS support
> should have
> the ansere to solve the "mysterious " update KB 978474.
> 11. Don"t give up the fight" ! There is a solution in one or another way .
> 12. Please forgive me if all the words and spelling are NOT 100% correct .
> I hope you understand the message . I"m a swede and NOT well educated in
> english. But I have been dealing with rock"n rollmusic and watching TV for 40
> years. However I use a dictionary called Lexin. It helps .
> 13. Take care and best regards from Tomas Nugis in Sweden Stockholm !

Re: Failed Update KB978474 OfficeExcel 2003.ErrorCode0x80070643
Always reply to your original thread, please (even though you hijacked it).

cf.
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...c34fbb79d8259a

Have you tried downloading the installer for the update and then installing
it manually?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...a-1ec29ea37151

> [...]

> "drives
> me crazy" .
> 10.If anybody in the cyberspace has a solution. Please let us know .
> I request/pray that there is someone that has the solution. MS support
> should have
> the ansere to solve the "mysterious " update KB 978474.
> 11. Don"t give up the fight" ! There is a solution in one or another way .
> 12. Please forgive me if all the words and spelling are NOT 100% correct .
> I hope you understand the message . I"m a swede and NOT well educated in
> english. But I have been dealing with rock"n rollmusic and watching TV for
> 40 years. However I use a dictionary called Lexin. It helps .
> 13. Take care and best regards from Tomas Nugis in Sweden Stockholm !

Tomas Nugis Stockholm Sweden

Re: Failed Update KB978474 OfficeExcel 2003.ErrorCode0x80070643
2010-03-19.Tomas Nugis Sweden.
Reply to Mr PA Bear.
- Sorry for the thread "hijacking".

YES I HAVE tryed MANUALL update. Got new info and files from support.
After update:Got error code 1913 and Win system 32 mapisvc.inf
I DO HAVE this file on the system .
Sent a reply to support and waiting for NEW informations and how to solve it !
Keep on fighting ! Never surrender !
Take care Mr PA Bear !

High time to sleep , now its night and the clock is 02:30 in Sweden
Tomas Nugis