error code 80070641

mystery712

error code 80070641
claims to be important update, tried several times to update and comes back
with error code 80070641
thanks
Ǝиçεl

RE: error code 80070641
If you get this message: “Windows Update Error 80070641“ it means that your
“Windows Installer” service is not enabled or not started.

To fix this:

Click Start
Click on the Control Panel
Click on System And Maintenance
Click on Administrative Tools
Click on Services
(Give your user account control password or confirmation)
Make sure the service called Remote Procedure Call (RPC) is on/started.

Also make sure the Windows Installer Service is on/started.

If their not started, Right Click on the Service
Click on Properties
Under the general tab, make sure the start up type is “Automatic”
Click OK in the left hand pane of the services window, where it describes
the service, click start.

You’ll have to do the above steps for both services if neither of them are
running.

After you are finished with both:

Restart Your computer.

After the computer reboots.

Try to install the updates again and if it doesn’t work, check to make sure
the error message you received it the correct one.

Windows has quite a few and sometimes they can be deceiving.

This error is usually caused by advanced users tweaking their settings.
-=-