MS update always needs a reboot

Paul S

MS update always needs a reboot
I have just reinstalled from scratch. XP Pro and various apps, all windows
updates, no problem. Windows update still works fine, but if I try to start
MS update it says the machines needs a reboot. Rebooting doesn't cure it and
the requires restart registry setting is not present.

Any ideas on how to get MS update to work?

Re: MS update always needs a reboot
Why did you "reinstall from scratch" and how did you do it?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

Paul S wrote:
> I have just reinstalled from scratch. XP Pro and various apps, all
> windows
> updates, no problem. Windows update still works fine, but if I try to
> start
> MS update it says the machines needs a reboot. Rebooting doesn't cure it
> and the requires restart registry setting is not present.
>
> Any ideas on how to get MS update to work?

Ǝиçεl

RE: MS update always needs a reboot
Hello Paul,

Windows Update and Automatic Reboots

<http://blogs.technet.com/mu/archive/2008/10/02/windows-update-and-automatic-reboots.aspx>

I'm suяe someone else will help you if this suggestion doesn't help.

Let us know what hªppens.

Ǝиçεl
-=-