KB970892 won't install

Rockitman

KB970892 won't install
I have an update that won't install and then messes up our SQL application
(Coldfusion) to the point where the users cannot access their app and I must
reboot the server.

The update is Security Update for SQL Server 2005 SP3 (KB970892).

During the install it comes back to me for a path:

"the feature you are trying to use is on a CD Rom or other removeable disk
that is not available. Insert the Microsoft SQL Server 2005(FRESNO) disk and
click OK."

So I put the disk 1 into the cd drive but it doesn't like it, and reverts
to "insert next disk", so I insert disk 2 and it doesn't like that either.

It then tells me to try to find the installation package SqlRun_SQL.msi in a
folder from which you can install the product Microsoft SQL Server 2005
(FRESNO).

I did a search on my server for this msi file and it cannot be found.

Any ideas how to proceed?

Re: KB970892 won't install
See the "How to obtain help" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/970892

(and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United States and in
Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. There is no-charge
for support calls that are associated with security updates. When you call,
clearly state that your problem is related to a Security Update and cite the
update's KB number (e.g., KB970892).

Or you can...

Customers who experience issues installing Microsoft security updates also
can visit the following pages for assistance:
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527#tab3

your usual support contacts.

Rockitman wrote:
> I have an update that won't install and then messes up our SQL application
> (Coldfusion) to the point where the users cannot access their app and I
> must
> reboot the server.
>
> The update is Security Update for SQL Server 2005 SP3 (KB970892).
>
> During the install it comes back to me for a path:
>
> "the feature you are trying to use is on a CD Rom or other removeable disk
> that is not available. Insert the Microsoft SQL Server 2005(FRESNO) disk
> and click OK."
>
> So I put the disk 1 into the cd drive but it doesn't like it, and reverts
> to "insert next disk", so I insert disk 2 and it doesn't like that
> either.
>
> It then tells me to try to find the installation package SqlRun_SQL.msi in
> folder from which you can install the product Microsoft SQL Server 2005
> (FRESNO).
>
> I did a search on my server for this msi file and it cannot be found.
>
> Any ideas how to proceed?

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: KB970892 won't install
(cross-post added to SQL Setup)
"Rockitman" <Rockitman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have an update that won't install and then messes up our SQL application
> (Coldfusion) to the point where the users cannot access their app and I
> must
> reboot the server.
>
> The update is Security Update for SQL Server 2005 SP3 (KB970892).
>
> During the install it comes back to me for a path:
>
> "the feature you are trying to use is on a CD Rom or other removeable disk
> that is not available. Insert the Microsoft SQL Server 2005(FRESNO) disk
> and
> click OK."
>
> So I put the disk 1 into the cd drive but it doesn't like it, and reverts
> to "insert next disk", so I insert disk 2 and it doesn't like that
> either.
>

> It then tells me to try to find the installation package SqlRun_SQL.msi in
> folder from which you can install the product Microsoft SQL Server 2005
> (FRESNO).
>
> I did a search on my server for this msi file and it cannot be found.
>
> Any ideas how to proceed?

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...-319bf2be0129/

(Microsoft search for
SqlRun_SQL.msi MSFT
)

BTW you're more likely to find informed help about SQL issues in an
newsgroup or forum which specializes in the product. Cross-posting to one
for convenience.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---