windows update Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Mark

windows update Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
Every time I try and install windows updates the link to the microsoft
website displays, "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

Not sure why or how this has happened as previously updates have been
installed ok

Can any one help?
Ǝиçεl

RE: windows update Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
Hello Mark,

You need to give more information. What OS/service pack? Which
update, (KB)? perhaps what other antivirus or antimalware software you may
have installed, Security suite and firewall, etc. etc.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

You receive an error message in Internet Explorer: "Internet Explorer
cannot display the webpage"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956196

"Page cannot be displayed" error during SSL 3.0 Server session time-out
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305217

Is a 3rd party firewall being used instead of the native Windows firewall ?
-=-

"Mark" wrote:

> Every time I try and install windows updates the link to the microsoft
> website displays, "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"
>
> Not sure why or how this has happened as previously updates have been
> installed ok
>
> Can any one help?

Ǝиçεl

RE: windows update Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
Hi Mark,

I forgot to mention that there's a very strong possibility that the problem
is due to a infection.

Scan your computer now online and clean it for free!
<http://onecare.live.com/site/en-au/center/howsafe.htm>

Several posters in this newsgroup have reported that the malware was
successfully removed using the above scanner.

Others have used SUPERAntiSpyware (SAS) and/or Malwarebytes Antimalware
(MBAM) to remove the malware.

There is a free version (on demand scanning only)
<http://www.superantispyware.com/>

Also free, Malwarebytes Antimalware <http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php>

<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315>
-=-