Windows Update cannot list out Office 2007's update

Victor Tam

Windows Update cannot list out Office 2007's update
I am using Windows 7 and just installed Office 2007.

When I go to Windows Update and refresh for Updates, I can only see updates
on Windows 7.
However, my Office 2007 is freshly installed. So, there must be some updates
as I even does not installed SP1 and SP2 yet.

Anyone can help me how to enable Office Update?
Thanks for your help.
Ottmar Freudenberger

Re: Windows Update cannot list out Office 2007's update
"Victor Tam" wrote:

> I am using Windows 7 and just installed Office 2007.
>
> When I go to Windows Update and refresh for Updates, I can only see updates
> on Windows 7.

You have to opt-in to Microsoft Update. For Windows 7 that's done almost the
same way as for Windows Vista:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dow...dowsvista.mspx
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...crosoft-Office

Bye,
Freudi

"Victor Tam" wrote:

> I am using Windows 7 and just installed Office 2007.
>
> When I go to Windows Update and refresh for Updates, I can only see updates
> on Windows 7.

You have to opt-in to Microsoft Update. For Windows 7 that's done almost the
same way as for Windows Vista:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dow...dowsvista.mspx
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...crosoft-Office

Bye,
Freudi
Tom Lake

"Victor Tam" <Victor Tam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using Windows 7 and just installed Office 2007.
>
> When I go to Windows Update and refresh for Updates, I can only see updates
> on Windows 7.
> However, my Office 2007 is freshly installed. So, there must be some updates
> as I even does not installed SP1 and SP2 yet.
>
> Anyone can help me how to enable Office Update?
> Thanks for your help.

When you open Windows Update,, click on Change settings (in the column on the
left side of the window) Now check the box marked Microsoft Update and click the
OK button at the bottom. If it's already checked, try unchecking it, click the OK
button, close Windows Update then reopen Windows Update and follow the
instructions above. Sometimes it needs resetting.

Tom Lake

Tom Lake

Re: Windows Update cannot list out Office 2007's update

"Victor Tam" <Victor Tam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using Windows 7 and just installed Office 2007.
>
> When I go to Windows Update and refresh for Updates, I can only see updates
> on Windows 7.
> However, my Office 2007 is freshly installed. So, there must be some updates
> as I even does not installed SP1 and SP2 yet.
>
> Anyone can help me how to enable Office Update?
> Thanks for your help.

When you open Windows Update,, click on Change settings (in the column on the
left side of the window) Now check the box marked Microsoft Update and click the
OK button at the bottom. If it's already checked, try unchecking it, click the OK
button, close Windows Update then reopen Windows Update and follow the
instructions above. Sometimes it needs resetting.

Tom Lake

Tom Lake

Re: Windows Update cannot list out Office 2007's update

"Victor Tam" <Victor Tam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using Windows 7 and just installed Office 2007.
>
> When I go to Windows Update and refresh for Updates, I can only see updates
> on Windows 7.
> However, my Office 2007 is freshly installed. So, there must be some updates
> as I even does not installed SP1 and SP2 yet.
>
> Anyone can help me how to enable Office Update?
> Thanks for your help.

When you open Windows Update,, click on Change settings (in the column on the
left side of the window) Now check the box marked Microsoft Update and click the
OK button at the bottom. If it's already checked, try unchecking it, click the OK
button, close Windows Update then reopen Windows Update and follow the
instructions above. Sometimes it needs resetting.

Tom Lake

Tom Lake

Re: Windows Update cannot list out Office 2007's update

"Victor Tam" <Victor Tam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using Windows 7 and just installed Office 2007.
>
> When I go to Windows Update and refresh for Updates, I can only see updates
> on Windows 7.
> However, my Office 2007 is freshly installed. So, there must be some updates
> as I even does not installed SP1 and SP2 yet.
>
> Anyone can help me how to enable Office Update?
> Thanks for your help.

When you open Windows Update,, click on Change settings (in the column on the
left side of the window) Now check the box marked Microsoft Update and click the
OK button at the bottom. If it's already checked, try unchecking it, click the OK
button, close Windows Update then reopen Windows Update and follow the
instructions above. Sometimes it needs resetting.

Tom Lake

Re: Windows Update cannot list out Office 2007's update
See Tip #1 here:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...-is-up-to-date