KB975561 &977165 Every day!

spamlet

KB975561 &977165 Every day!
Every time I turn on my laptop I have to wait ages while it gets these
updates , supposedly downloads and installs them, only for them to be
'needed' again the next time!

Is this a virus or what?

Ǝиçεl

RE: KB975561 &977165 Every day!
Re: KB977165

See if this sugesstion can help you (Please follow the links )

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...9-dd894698c20c

Please let us know if this helps.

I'm suяe someone else will help you if this suggestion doesn't help.

Good luck
-=-

"spamlet" wrote:

> Every time I turn on my laptop I have to wait ages while it gets these
> updates , supposedly downloads and installs them, only for them to be
> 'needed' again the next time!
>
> Is this a virus or what?

> .

spamlet

Re: KB975561 &977165 Every day!
Thanks for this,

The links do indicate that my device is compatible.
And this laptop has not had any norton or macafee things on.

The av is Avast - sort of (This has decided to pack up today after updating
to version 5 - now all I get is 'wrongly configured' when I try to open the
config prog...grrrr!)

Cheers,

"???l" <l@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Re: KB977165
>
> See if this sugesstion can help you (Please follow the links )
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...9-dd894698c20c
>
> Please let us know if this helps.
>
> I'm su?e someone else will help you if this suggestion doesn't help.
>
> Good luck
> -=-
>

> "spamlet" wrote:
>
>> Every time I turn on my laptop I have to wait ages while it gets these
>> updates , supposedly downloads and installs them, only for them to be
>> 'needed' again the next time!
>>
>> Is this a virus or what?

>> .

spamlet

Re: KB975561 &977165 Every day!
Thanks for this,

The links do indicate that my device is compatible.
And this laptop has not had any norton or macafee things on.

The av is Avast - sort of (This has decided to pack up today after updating
to version 5 - now all I get is 'wrongly configured' when I try to open the
config prog...grrrr!)

Cheers,

"???l" <l@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Re: KB977165
>
> See if this sugesstion can help you (Please follow the links )
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...9-dd894698c20c
>
> Please let us know if this helps.
>
> I'm su?e someone else will help you if this suggestion doesn't help.
>
> Good luck
> -=-
>

> "spamlet" wrote:
>
>> Every time I turn on my laptop I have to wait ages while it gets these
>> updates , supposedly downloads and installs them, only for them to be
>> 'needed' again the next time!
>>
>> Is this a virus or what?

>> .

spamlet

Re: KB975561 &977165 Every day!
Thanks for this,

The links do indicate that my device is compatible.
And this laptop has not had any norton or macafee things on.

The av is Avast - sort of (This has decided to pack up today after updating
to version 5 - now all I get is 'wrongly configured' when I try to open the
config prog...grrrr!)

Cheers,

"???l" <l@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Re: KB977165
>
> See if this sugesstion can help you (Please follow the links )
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...9-dd894698c20c
>
> Please let us know if this helps.
>
> I'm su?e someone else will help you if this suggestion doesn't help.
>
> Good luck
> -=-
>

> "spamlet" wrote:
>
>> Every time I turn on my laptop I have to wait ages while it gets these
>> updates , supposedly downloads and installs them, only for them to be
>> 'needed' again the next time!
>>
>> Is this a virus or what?

>> .

MowGreen

Re: KB975561 &977165 Every day!
And the Windows edition is ____ ?

From KB975561 and KB977165:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975561
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977165

" How to obtain help and support for this security update

in the United States and Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your local
Microsoft subsidiary for support issues with security updates, visit the
Microsoft International Support Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/common/....aspx?rdpath=4

North American customers can also obtain instant access to unlimited
no-charge e-mail support or to unlimited individual chat support by
visiting the following Microsoft Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?&prid=7552

For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
through your usual support contacts. "

MowGreen
================
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com

spamlet wrote:
> Thanks for this,
>
> The links do indicate that my device is compatible.
> And this laptop has not had any norton or macafee things on.
>
> The av is Avast - sort of (This has decided to pack up today after updating
> to version 5 - now all I get is 'wrongly configured' when I try to open the
> config prog...grrrr!)
>
> Cheers,

> "???l"<l@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Re: KB977165
>>
>> See if this sugesstion can help you (Please follow the links )
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...9-dd894698c20c
>>
>> Please let us know if this helps.
>>
>> I'm su?e someone else will help you if this suggestion doesn't help.
>>
>> Good luck
>> -=-
>>

>> "spamlet" wrote:
>>
>>> Every time I turn on my laptop I have to wait ages while it gets these
>>> updates , supposedly downloads and installs them, only for them to be
>>> 'needed' again the next time!
>>>
>>> Is this a virus or what?

>>> .

MowGreen

Re: KB975561 &977165 Every day!
And the Windows edition is ____ ?

From KB975561 and KB977165:

spamlet wrote:
> Thanks for this,
>
> The links do indicate that my device is compatible.
> And this laptop has not had any norton or macafee things on.
>
> The av is Avast - sort of (This has decided to pack up today after updating
> to version 5 - now all I get is 'wrongly configured' when I try to open the
> config prog...grrrr!)
>
> Cheers,

> "???l"<l@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Re: KB977165
>>
>> See if this sugesstion can help you (Please follow the links )
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...9-dd894698c20c
>>
>> Please let us know if this helps.
>>
>> I'm su?e someone else will help you if this suggestion doesn't help.
>>
>> Good luck
>> -=-
>>

>> "spamlet" wrote:
>>
>>> Every time I turn on my laptop I have to wait ages while it gets these
>>> updates , supposedly downloads and installs them, only for them to be
>>> 'needed' again the next time!
>>>
>>> Is this a virus or what?

>>> .

MowGreen