Re: KB977165, errorcode 0x8007010B

[crosspost to Windows Update newsgroup]

0x8007010B - ERROR_DIRECTORY

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

See the "How to obtain help..." and "Known Issues" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977165

Also see:

How to determine whether a computer is compatible with security update
977165
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/980966/

More: http://www.microsoft.com/security/updates/015/

Helge Haensel wrote:
> WindowsXP/HE/SP3, OfficeXP/Pro/SP3, VB5EE/SP3, CPU P4/2.8G, 1GB Ram
> Hallo NG!
> When trying to download kb977165 I always receive error code 0x8007010B
> This happened already 7 times.
> All other downloads of windows updates work without problems.
> What could be wrong? Help via the Update help-page doesn't help.
> Thanks for any advice.

hdnlan

Re: KB977165, errorcode 0x8007010B
Pa Bear. Thank you very much for this information.
hdnlan

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [crosspost to Windows Update newsgroup]
>
> 0x8007010B - ERROR_DIRECTORY

> What third-party firewall (if any)?

> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought
> it)?
>
> See the "How to obtain help..." and "Known Issues" section of
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977165
>

> Also see:
>
> How to determine whether a computer is compatible with security update
> 977165
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/980966/
>
> More: http://www.microsoft.com/security/updates/015/
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> Helge Haensel wrote:
> > WindowsXP/HE/SP3, OfficeXP/Pro/SP3, VB5EE/SP3, CPU P4/2.8G, 1GB Ram
> > Hallo NG!
> > When trying to download kb977165 I always receive error code 0x8007010B
> > This happened already 7 times.
> > All other downloads of windows updates work without problems.
> > What could be wrong? Help via the Update help-page doesn't help.
> > Thanks for any advice.

> .

hdnlan

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [crosspost to Windows Update newsgroup]
>
> 0x8007010B - ERROR_DIRECTORY

> What third-party firewall (if any)?

> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought
> it)?
>
> See the "How to obtain help..." and "Known Issues" section of
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977165
>

> Also see:
>
> How to determine whether a computer is compatible with security update
> 977165
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/980966/
>
> More: http://www.microsoft.com/security/updates/015/
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> Helge Haensel wrote:
> > WindowsXP/HE/SP3, OfficeXP/Pro/SP3, VB5EE/SP3, CPU P4/2.8G, 1GB Ram
> > Hallo NG!
> > When trying to download kb977165 I always receive error code 0x8007010B
> > This happened already 7 times.
> > All other downloads of windows updates work without problems.
> > What could be wrong? Help via the Update help-page doesn't help.
> > Thanks for any advice.

> .

hdnlan

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [crosspost to Windows Update newsgroup]
>
> 0x8007010B - ERROR_DIRECTORY

> What third-party firewall (if any)?

> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought
> it)?
>
> See the "How to obtain help..." and "Known Issues" section of
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977165
>

> Also see:
>
> How to determine whether a computer is compatible with security update
> 977165
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/980966/
>
> More: http://www.microsoft.com/security/updates/015/
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> Helge Haensel wrote:
> > WindowsXP/HE/SP3, OfficeXP/Pro/SP3, VB5EE/SP3, CPU P4/2.8G, 1GB Ram
> > Hallo NG!
> > When trying to download kb977165 I always receive error code 0x8007010B
> > This happened already 7 times.
> > All other downloads of windows updates work without problems.
> > What could be wrong? Help via the Update help-page doesn't help.
> > Thanks for any advice.

> .

Helge Haensel

Re: KB977165, errorcode 0x8007010B
Am 15.03.2010, 15:25 Uhr, schrieb PA Bear [MS MVP] <PABearMVP@gmail.com>:

Thanks for information.

> [crosspost to Windows Update newsgroup]
>
> 0x8007010B - ERROR_DIRECTORY

> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?

I'm using Avira antvir on a daily basis and its guard is activated.
MS MRT is downloaded and executed (no alarms).
No third party firewall. Use broadband router. Windows firewall off.

> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
> bought it)?

No.

> See the "How to obtain help..." and "Known Issues" section of
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977165

Will check that.

> Also see:
>
> How to determine whether a computer is compatible with security update
> 977165
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/980966/

Will check that too.

> More: http://www.microsoft.com/security/updates/015/

Thanks agin.
Helge
Helge Haensel

Re: KB977165, errorcode 0x8007010B
Am 15.03.2010, 15:25 Uhr, schrieb PA Bear [MS MVP] <PABearMVP@gmail.com>:

Thanks for information.

> [crosspost to Windows Update newsgroup]
>
> 0x8007010B - ERROR_DIRECTORY

> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?

I'm using Avira antvir on a daily basis and its guard is activated.
MS MRT is downloaded and executed (no alarms).
No third party firewall. Use broadband router. Windows firewall off.

> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
> bought it)?

No.

> See the "How to obtain help..." and "Known Issues" section of
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977165

Will check that.

> Also see:
>
> How to determine whether a computer is compatible with security update
> 977165
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/980966/

Will check that too.

> More: http://www.microsoft.com/security/updates/015/

Thanks agin.
Helge
Helge Haensel

Re: KB977165, errorcode 0x8007010B
Am 15.03.2010, 15:25 Uhr, schrieb PA Bear [MS MVP] <PABearMVP@gmail.com>:

Thanks for information.

> [crosspost to Windows Update newsgroup]
>
> 0x8007010B - ERROR_DIRECTORY

> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?

I'm using Avira antvir on a daily basis and its guard is activated.
MS MRT is downloaded and executed (no alarms).
No third party firewall. Use broadband router. Windows firewall off.

> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
> bought it)?

No.

> See the "How to obtain help..." and "Known Issues" section of
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977165

Will check that.

> Also see:
>
> How to determine whether a computer is compatible with security update
> 977165
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/980966/

Will check that too.

> More: http://www.microsoft.com/security/updates/015/

Thanks agin.
Helge
Helge Haensel

Re: KB977165, errorcode 0x8007010B
Am 15.03.2010, 15:25 Uhr, schrieb PA Bear [MS MVP] <PABearMVP@gmail.com>:

Thanks for information.

> [crosspost to Windows Update newsgroup]
>
> 0x8007010B - ERROR_DIRECTORY

> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?

I'm using Avira antvir on a daily basis and its guard is activated.
MS MRT is downloaded and executed (no alarms).
No third party firewall. Use broadband router. Windows firewall off.

> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
> bought it)?

No.

> See the "How to obtain help..." and "Known Issues" section of
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977165

Will check that.

> Also see:
>
> How to determine whether a computer is compatible with security update
> 977165
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/980966/

Will check that too.

> More: http://www.microsoft.com/security/updates/015/

Thanks agin.
Helge
Helge Haensel

Re: KB977165, errorcode 0x8007010B
Am 15.03.2010, 15:25 Uhr, schrieb PA Bear [MS MVP] <PABearMVP@gmail.com>:

> [crosspost to Windows Update newsgroup]
>
> 0x8007010B - ERROR_DIRECTORY

> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?

> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
> bought it)?
>
> See the "How to obtain help..." and "Known Issues" section of
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977165
>
> Also see:
>
> How to determine whether a computer is compatible with security update
> 977165
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/980966/

Your computer appears compatible with MSSB10-015 ....