No Audio Device found

Amanda Price

No Audio Device found
Just completed upgrades and lost audio

bluecrystal9 wrote:

Lost Audio Device after Microsoft Update
11-May-07

I installed an optional Microsoft Update for

"Conexant-Sound-Conexant High Definition Audio"

I now have lost my audio device and have no sound. I followed some trouble
shooting steps and that didn't help. The updated failed to install and the
error detail is:

Code 800700FF

Any help would be great!

On Friday, May 11, 2007 5:40 PM
bluecrystal9 wrote:

Lost Audio Device after Microsoft Update
I installed an optional Microsoft Update for

"Conexant-Sound-Conexant High Definition Audio"

I now have lost my audio device and have no sound. I followed some trouble
shooting steps and that didn't help. The updated failed to install and the
error detail is:

Code 800700FF

Any help would be great!

On Friday, May 11, 2007 6:48 PM
DL wrote:

You dont use MS Update for drivers, use only hw manu sites.
You dont use MS Update for drivers, use only hw manu sites.
And then if it aint broke why fix it?

On Friday, May 11, 2007 6:49 PM
DL wrote:

Re: Lost Audio Device after Microsoft Update
PS roll back your driver

On Saturday, May 12, 2007 4:26 PM
realcestmoi wrote:

Hi there,If rolling back on the driver does not work, try system restore in
Hi there,

If rolling back on the driver does not work, try system restore in safe
mode choose no when yes or no is asked and system restore will open and roll
back to a point before the errror occured.

If your sound is working fine than just leave it be working fine Never use
WU update for hardware drivers and always check what you are installing from
WU.

Best regards,
Michel Denie

"bluecrystal99" <bluecrystal99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news16059C4-94E0-4987-81E3-E5DF062E4760@microsoft.com...

On Thursday, August 02, 2007 5:29 PM
francky_the_will wrote:

bonjour Michel Denie,J'ai fait la meme bourde avec la mise a jour et je n'ai
bonjour Michel Denie,
J'ai fait la meme bourde avec la mise a jour et je n'ai plus de son
(code 800700FF)...pourrais tu me dire avec des mots simples comment on
fait le system restore in safe.
merci bcp
franck

--
francky_the_will
francky_the_will's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=28842

http://forums.techarena.in

On Friday, August 03, 2007 5:31 AM
realcestmoi wrote:

Hello Fank,I am sorry but my French is not up to date be so kind to ask
Hello Fank,

I am sorry but my French is not up to date be so kind to ask whatever you
are asking in English.

Thanks in advance, best regards,
Michel Denie.

On Saturday, November 17, 2007 7:11 AM
wrenchgir wrote:

Can you tell me what is meant by "rolling back on the driver"?
Can you tell me what is meant by "rolling back on the driver"? I made the
same mistake and ran the update and lost my sound.

"realcestmoi" wrote:

On Saturday, November 17, 2007 3:06 PM
MowGreen [MVP] wrote:

Re: Lost Audio Device after Microsoft Update
How To Use the Roll Back Driver Feature in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283657

After you install a device or update a driver for a device, Windows
Vista may not start
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927525

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

wrenchgirl wrote:

On Thursday, November 22, 2007 9:08 PM
realcestmoi wrote:

Hi Thre,I could have told you if you sticked to your first thread and not
Hi Thre,

I could have told you if you sticked to your first thread and not openend a
second one trying to solve the problem you stated there

To many threads to follow all that is.

It is logical and less poluting to stay in the one you opened and work it
from there.

Best regards,
Michel Denie
"wrenchgirl" <wrenchgirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Saturday, May 03, 2008 11:00 AM
Ti wrote:

You smug arrogant f%&k head, the guy was asking for help and you come out with
You smug arrogant f%&k head, the guy was asking for help and you come out
with some pathetic quote "if it aint broke, why fix it" - Ever thought that
software isn't just released to fix things and that it could be an
enhancement?

You pathetic turd.

"DL" wrote:

On Saturday, May 03, 2008 1:59 PM
realcestmoi wrote:

Hello there,Insulting people is not a nice thing to do and tells more of you
Hello there,

Insulting people is not a nice thing to do and tells more of you than the
person whom you are insulting

If something works good leave it be working good is fine advice.

Your printer will not use less ink with a new driver or print more clearely:

Best regards and (try) behave better next time

Michel Denie

"Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Tuesday, August 26, 2008 5:37 PM
fookacho wrote:

Hi Tim. Thanks for putting DL in his place. I fully support you.
Hi Tim. Thanks for putting DL in his place. I fully support you. This guy is
obviously not very educated socially and probably stays secluded 24/7 in his
hole.

"DL" wrote:

On Tuesday, August 26, 2008 8:15 PM
realcestmoi wrote:

Hi there, that guy is refeering to my if it ain't broke do not try to fix it
Hi there,

that guy is refeering to my if it ain't broke do not try to fix it and
never taken non MS drivers from windows update. Only update a driver if it
is rwally neede.

He forgot to mention: try booting last known good configutation, use system
restore prior to the date the problem occurred, try uninstalling the update
in question or put the backup back from the image you hopefully made.

Best regards,
Michel Denie

He forgot to mention
"fookachoo" <fookachoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Tuesday, August 26, 2008 11:51 PM
realcestmoi wrote:

Hi there, that guy is refeering to my if it ain't broke do not try to fix it
Hi there,

that guy is refeering to my if it ain't broke do not try to fix it and
never taken non MS drivers from windows update. Only update a driver if it
is really needed.

He forgot to mention: try booting last known good configutation, use system
restore prior to the date the problem occurred, try uninstalling the update
in question or put the backup back from the image you hopefully made.

Best regards,
Michel Denie
"fookachoo" <fookachoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

DataContractSerializer Basics
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...alizer-ba.aspx
Shenan Stanley

Re: No Audio Device found
<snipped>

Amanda Price wrote:
> Just completed upgrades and lost audio

Am I correct is seeing that you replied to a conversation that *started* in
May of 2007, had a few 'hits' in August 2007, November 2007, May 2008 and
August 2008 (or people had issues with their time)?

What seems to be the conversation you have tacked yourself onto:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...1f37c57b83763/
(... and you changed the subject line.)

In any case - you should supply some more information.

What do *you* mean by "upgrades"? Do you mean "Windows Updates" or did you
actually upgrade from one version/edition of Windows to another? (Windows
XP to Windows Vista? Windows Vista to Windows 7 --> those would be
upgrades. You are posting in the "Windows Update" newsgroup, concerning the
"Windows Update" functionality - present in all aforementioned
versions/editions of Windows.)

What version/edition of Windows are you running?
32-bit or 64-bit?

Did you install some hardware device driver from "Windows Update"? If so -
uninstall it. If it was not for Microsoft hardware (doubtful - they have
not produced audio devices that I know of in a while) - you should avoid
getting hardware device drivers (any other than for hardware they did
produce) *from* Microsoft. Get hardware drivers *only(* when you need them
and *only* from those who actually support the product (usually the original
manufacturer.)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Shenan Stanley

Re: No Audio Device found
<snipped>

Amanda Price wrote:
> Just completed upgrades and lost audio

Am I correct is seeing that you replied to a conversation that *started* in
May of 2007, had a few 'hits' in August 2007, November 2007, May 2008 and
August 2008 (or people had issues with their time)?

What seems to be the conversation you have tacked yourself onto:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...1f37c57b83763/
(... and you changed the subject line.)

In any case - you should supply some more information.

What do *you* mean by "upgrades"? Do you mean "Windows Updates" or did you
actually upgrade from one version/edition of Windows to another? (Windows
XP to Windows Vista? Windows Vista to Windows 7 --> those would be
upgrades. You are posting in the "Windows Update" newsgroup, concerning the
"Windows Update" functionality - present in all aforementioned
versions/editions of Windows.)

What version/edition of Windows are you running?
32-bit or 64-bit?

Did you install some hardware device driver from "Windows Update"? If so -
uninstall it. If it was not for Microsoft hardware (doubtful - they have
not produced audio devices that I know of in a while) - you should avoid
getting hardware device drivers (any other than for hardware they did
produce) *from* Microsoft. Get hardware drivers *only(* when you need them
and *only* from those who actually support the product (usually the original
manufacturer.)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
--
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Sue J Thomas

Re: No Audio Device found
Looks like this was a new thread also in my reader in OE6...
?????
Sue

Sue J Thomas wrote:
> Looks like this was a new thread also in my reader in OE6...
> ?????

And for anyone who didn't notice it was a response (since the OP originally
left all the responses, I'm not sure how) in one way or another, yes - it
might look like a new posting because the old conversation was almost 3
years old and the subject was changed.

Which is why I linked the entire conversation:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...1f37c57b83763/
(twice now)

Which shows the prior conversation and Amanda Price's message as Amanda
chose to post it in their entirety... After all - without the background
information, that one sentence would be very weak in describing the issue,
eh?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP