code error 80072EFE

news

code error 80072EFE
Operating system. vista 64 home premium.
Laptop Asus K51ACseries.
I have been trying windows update many times. I have gone through different
forums to see if there is a fix.
My fault code is 80072EFE. I even downloaded and used regcure after a
suggestion from forum message.
I am about ready to piss off windows altogether in a big way. They just get
more complicated and harder to fix faults.

Mick

LD55ZRA

Re: code error 80072EFE
I suggest read the solution here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...9-c8f1e97c71d5

Robin Meng (MSFT) posted a comprehensive solution and he should know because
of his involvement with development. Please print the entire message as it
goes into many things you need to do.

hth

"news" <mlambert58@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Operating system. vista 64 home premium.
> Laptop Asus K51ACseries.
> I have been trying windows update many times. I have gone through
> different forums to see if there is a fix.
> My fault code is 80072EFE. I even downloaded and used regcure after a
> suggestion from forum message.
> I am about ready to piss off windows altogether in a big way. They just
> get more complicated and harder to fix faults.
>
> Mick

Ǝиçεl

RE: code error 80072EFE
Hello Mick,

0x80072EFE -2147012866 ERROR_INTERNET_CONNECTION_ABORTED

You may encounter temporary connection-related errors when you use Windows
Update or Microsoft Update to install updates

<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941/en-us>
-=-

"news" wrote:

> Operating system. vista 64 home premium.
> Laptop Asus K51ACseries.
> I have been trying windows update many times. I have gone through different
> forums to see if there is a fix.
> My fault code is 80072EFE. I even downloaded and used regcure after a
> suggestion from forum message.
> I am about ready to piss off windows altogether in a big way. They just get
> more complicated and harder to fix faults.
>
> Mick

news

Re: code error 80072EFE
Ok.. I see none of that is going to work. I have now manually updated files.
This works ok. I guess windows is in the end going to slit there own throat.
Windows is the worse virus I have ever had.
I also had host process shutting down on me but I managed to fix that. Still
trying to work out how I did it. After 2 hours of doing different stuff and
rebooting, I am none the wiser.

Time to get some sun shine... cheers Mick

Ǝиçεl

Re: code error 80072EFE
Hi Mick,

Would be nice if you could tell us more information, like what antivirus or
antimalware software you may have installed, Security suite and firewall,
you're using etc.
-=-
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"news" wrote:

> Ok.. I see none of that is going to work. I have now manually updated files.
> This works ok. I guess windows is in the end going to slit there own throat.
> Windows is the worse virus I have ever had.
> I also had host process shutting down on me but I managed to fix that. Still
> trying to work out how I did it. After 2 hours of doing different stuff and
> rebooting, I am none the wiser.
>
> Time to get some sun shine... cheers Mick

Ǝиçεl

Re: code error 80072EFE
Even downloaded and used regcure after a
suggestion from forum message.

Foяgot to say

Stay away from that forum

The only real way to clean the registяy is to reinstall the OS.

<http://www.whatthetech.com/2007/11/25/do-i-need-a-registry-cleaner/>

<http://www.edbott.com/weblog/archives/000643.html>

Ǝиçεl
-=-

"news" wrote:

> Ok.. I see none of that is going to work. I have now manually updated files.
> This works ok. I guess windows is in the end going to slit there own throat.
> Windows is the worse virus I have ever had.
> I also had host process shutting down on me but I managed to fix that. Still
> trying to work out how I did it. After 2 hours of doing different stuff and
> rebooting, I am none the wiser.
>
> Time to get some sun shine... cheers Mick

Re: code error 80072EFE
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2)
when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

news wrote:
> Ok.. I see none of that is going to work. I have now manually updated
> files.
> This works ok. I guess windows is in the end going to slit there own
> throat.
> Windows is the worse virus I have ever had.
> I also had host process shutting down on me but I managed to fix that.
> Still
> trying to work out how I did it. After 2 hours of doing different stuff
> and
> rebooting, I am none the wiser.

<paste>