Re: Install the ActiveX control required to view the website

Modfreak

Re: Install the ActiveX control required to view the website
I'm getting the same message:
Install the ActiveX control required to view the website
The website will not display correctly on your computer without this
control. To install it:
1. Right-click the Internet Explorer Information Bar. It's located just
below the address bar.
2. In the right-click menu, click Install ActiveX Control.
3. In the Security Warning dialog box, click Install.
Note: If the Information Bar doesn't appear, or if you've installed the
control but still can't use the website, take these steps to solve the
problem.
Example: Internet Explorer Information Bar with right-click menu

Bar isn't there for me to click on and your link to castlecops isn't
working- any other ideas???
Thanks,
Susan

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> > The BIT service seems to always turns itself off.

> And which version of Norton AV is installed ? To repair BITS, please
> read this - http://www.castlecops.com/postlite106642-bits.html
>
> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2007]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> Learner wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > I have windows xp sp2.
> > I want to do a manual windows update. It keeps giving me the following: I
> > read many KB and proceed to close automatic update, BIT unregister weweb,
> > iuengine and yes I can install the active x Once only. When I want to
> > reaccess I continue to get the following:
> > Please note that the "take these steps to solve the problem" is leading
> > nowhere.
> > Also please note that it is already installed.
> >
> > The BIT service seems to always turns itself off. I have the following
> > Transfers data between clients and servers in the background. If BITS is
> > disabled, features such as Windows Update will not work correctly.
> >
> > I start the service but it leads me nowhere.
> >
> > Your help will be much appreciated!
> >
> > MESSAGE:
> > Install the ActiveX control required to view the website
> >
> > The website will not display correctly on your computer without this
> > control. To install it:
> > 1. Right-click the Internet Explorer Information Bar. It's located just
> > below the address bar.
> > 2. In the right-click menu, click Install ActiveX Control.
> > 3. In the Security Warning dialog box, click Install.
> >
> > Note: If the Information Bar doesn't appear, or if you've installed the
> > control but still can't use the website, take these steps to solve the
> > problem.

MowGreen

Modfreak wrote:
> I'm getting the same message:
> Install the ActiveX control required to view the website
> The website will not display correctly on your computer without this
> control. To install it:
> 1. Right-click the Internet Explorer Information Bar. It's located just
> below the address bar.
> 2. In the right-click menu, click Install ActiveX Control.
> 3. In the Security Warning dialog box, click Install.
> Note: If the Information Bar doesn't appear, or if you've installed the
> control but still can't use the website, take these steps to solve the
> problem.
> Example: Internet Explorer Information Bar with right-click menu
>
> Bar isn't there for me to click on and your link to castlecops isn't
> working- any other ideas???
> Thanks,
> Susan

Susan,

That post is almost *THREE YEARS old*. The person in charge of running
CastleCops is now working for Microsoft and the site no longer exists.

Please post back with which version of Windows you're running along with
the Service Pack level it's now on, which version of Internet Explorer
you are using, AND the name of the installed antivirus/security suite.

* OR * you can download and *save* the Fixit from this page:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

Once the download of MicrosoftFixit50202.msi completes configure the
system to boot to a clean state:

How to configure Windows XP to start in a "clean boot" state
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows
Vista or in Windows 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Ensure that the native Windows firewall is On by opening Windows
Firewall in Control Panel.
With the system connected to the internet, run MicrosoftFixit50202.msi
and choose it's Aggressive mode.
Restart once it completes it's operation and see if the system can
update now.

Then UNdo the clean boot steps and post back with your results, please.

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

banthecheck.com