RE: [Error number: 0x80070424]

Lizroxy24

RE: [Error number: 0x80070424]
I have been having a similar problem and none of the fixes seem to be
helping. I am running Vista and have been getting a message for quite a
while now stating that my automatic update isn't working. I just now tried
to re-install itunes and got the same error number.
Here is what I have tried:
I verified Bits and tried to reinstall it and I was told it wasn't needed

When I put in Regsvr32 QMGR.DLL it states that The module "QMGR.DLL" was
loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found. Make sure that
"QMGR.DLL" is a valid DLL or OCX file then try again. The Wuweb.dll stated
the same thing

I then followed the instructions to try and find the au.inf file but was
unable to find the file or the service pack files discussed. That one I am
guessing may not be directed at a vista user.

I went to the command prompt and put in all the the REGSVR 32 commands
listed.
The first two reported back as sucessful. wucltui stated that the module
failed to load and could not be found.

I am kind of at my wits end at this point. Would a total overhaul or a
restart at an earlier pont fix this. I'm willing to try anything.
Thank you for your help

"Sam" wrote:

> This issue most times caused by the corrupted or stopped Automatic Update
> service.
>
> Let's try to start it from services.msc. If the Au service cannot be
> started, try the following steps to reinstall it.
>
> 1. Click Start, click Run, type: Inf and press Enter. A folder will be
> opened.
> 2. Locate the file "au.inf" in the opened folder (you can type au to locate
> this file), right click on the file and choose "Install".
>
> Note: The file extension ".inf" may be hidden; we may only see the file
> named "au".
>
> 3. The setup process will try to restore the registry branches
> automatically. You may not receive any notification. However, if some files
> cannot be located automatically, we will be prompted to select the
> installation source. Please click browse, and go to this location:
>
> C:\Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386
> If this folder is not available, please choose the folder
> C:\Windows\System32.
>
> 4. Restart the computer and test the issue.
>
> Then move on:
>
> 1. Click Start, click Run, type: cmd and press Enter.
> 2. Run the following commands:
>
> Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
> Regsvr32 wuapi.dll
> Regsvr32 wucltui.dll
> Regsvr32 wups.dll
> Regsvr32 wuweb.dll
> Regsvr32 qmgr.dll
> Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll
>

> "bass" wrote:
>
> > I am trying to get windows updates and I get the following error message?
> >
> > Can anyone help?
> >
> > [Error number: 0x80070424]
> > The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> > trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: [Error number: 0x80070424]

"Lizroxy24" <Lizroxy24@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

2/6/2006 9:38 AM PST
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...2-19eac0613a8f

> I have been having a similar problem and none of the fixes seem to be
> helping. I am running Vista and have been getting a message for quite a
> while now stating that my automatic update isn't working. I just now
> tried
> to re-install itunes and got the same error number.
> Here is what I have tried:

> I verified Bits and tried to reinstall it and I was told it wasn't needed
>
> When I put in Regsvr32 QMGR.DLL it states that The module "QMGR.DLL" was
> loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found. Make sure
> that
> "QMGR.DLL" is a valid DLL or OCX file then try again. The Wuweb.dll
> stated
> the same thing
>
> I then followed the instructions to try and find the au.inf file but was
> unable to find the file or the service pack files discussed. That one I
> am
> guessing may not be directed at a vista user.
>

> I went to the command prompt and put in all the the REGSVR 32 commands
> listed.
> The first two reported back as sucessful. wucltui stated that the module
> failed to load and could not be found.

In Vista that should probably be done in an elevated cmd window.

> I am kind of at my wits end at this point. Would a total overhaul or a
> restart at an earlier pont fix this.

> I'm willing to try anything.

Probably best to start your own thread, especially since your OS didn't even
exist when this one was started! Why, exactly, did you choose this one to
post your Me too! in anyway? It isn't even the first one that comes up
when I search for your error code.

A problem we have is that the search index for the web interface to
newsgroups that you are using is FUBAR. Hence, you are more likely to find
obsolete threads like the one we are now in than anything current. A much
better procedure is to search with Google Groups and then sort by Date.
Google Groups search of this newsgroup has its problems too but nothing as
bad as the ones you will be seeing here.

http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...date&scoring=d

Well, this is pretty bad too. 18 hits, the most recent being October of
last year. Most of them as a result of Me too! posters like yourself in
really old convoluted threads.

However, here is one happy resolution apparently.

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...a76421c8c4f0fe

> Thank you for your help

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

> [...]

exist when this one was started! Why, exactly, did you choose this one to
post your Me too! in anyway? It isn't even the first one that comes up
when I search for your error code.

A problem we have is that the search index for the web interface to
newsgroups that you are using is FUBAR. Hence, you are more likely to find
obsolete threads like the one we are now in than anything current. A much
better procedure is to search with Google Groups and then sort by Date.
Google Groups search of this newsgroup has its problems too but nothing as
bad as the ones you will be seeing here.

http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...date&scoring=d

Well, this is pretty bad too. 18 hits, the most recent being October of
last year. Most of them as a result of Me too! posters like yourself in
really old convoluted threads.

However, here is one happy resolution apparently.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

> [...]

exist when this one was started! Why, exactly, did you choose this one to
post your Me too! in anyway? It isn't even the first one that comes up
when I search for your error code.

A problem we have is that the search index for the web interface to
newsgroups that you are using is FUBAR. Hence, you are more likely to find
obsolete threads like the one we are now in than anything current. A much
better procedure is to search with Google Groups and then sort by Date.
Google Groups search of this newsgroup has its problems too but nothing as
bad as the ones you will be seeing here.

http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...date&scoring=d

Well, this is pretty bad too. 18 hits, the most recent being October of
last year. Most of them as a result of Me too! posters like yourself in
really old convoluted threads.

However, here is one happy resolution apparently.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

> [...]

exist when this one was started! Why, exactly, did you choose this one to
post your Me too! in anyway? It isn't even the first one that comes up
when I search for your error code.

A problem we have is that the search index for the web interface to
newsgroups that you are using is FUBAR. Hence, you are more likely to find
obsolete threads like the one we are now in than anything current. A much
better procedure is to search with Google Groups and then sort by Date.
Google Groups search of this newsgroup has its problems too but nothing as
bad as the ones you will be seeing here.

http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...date&scoring=d

Well, this is pretty bad too. 18 hits, the most recent being October of
last year. Most of them as a result of Me too! posters like yourself in
really old convoluted threads.

However, here is one happy resolution apparently.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---