KB940157

Denise

KB940157
This I know will probably be a stupid question, but then again thats why I'm
here -to get the answer.
First of all--Do I need this update? If so, what is it used for? (What part
of the computer will get 'updated' , so to speak.)This is what it says when I
expand the update in WU:

Windows Search 4.0 for Windows XP (KB940157)
Download size: 5.3 MB , less than 1 minute
Windows Search 4.0 helps you to find, preview, and use your documents,
e-mail, music, photos, and other items. On an upgrade from previous versions,
you will need to rebuild your index. After you install this item, you may
have to restart your computer.

I have WindowsXP Home editon, SP3, and my puter is from 2002..so she's an
old gal...I mainly use my puter to surf the web, check emails, pay bills,
play online games, play CD games and such things. IMy browser is: IE7.

So, my question, Do I personally NEED to download/install this update?
Please someone help me. And put it in laymans terms. Thanks a bunchl

Re: KB940157
No.

Denise wrote:
> This I know will probably be a stupid question, but then again thats why
> I'm
> here -to get the answer.
> First of all--Do I need this update? If so, what is it used for? (What
> part
> of the computer will get 'updated' , so to speak.)This is what it says
> when
> I expand the update in WU:
>
> Windows Search 4.0 for Windows XP (KB940157)
> Download size: 5.3 MB , less than 1 minute
> Windows Search 4.0 helps you to find, preview, and use your documents,
> e-mail, music, photos, and other items. On an upgrade from previous
> versions, you will need to rebuild your index. After you install this
> item,
> you may have to restart your computer.
>
> I have WindowsXP Home editon, SP3, and my puter is from 2002..so she's an
> old gal...I mainly use my puter to surf the web, check emails, pay bills,
> play online games, play CD games and such things. IMy browser is: IE7.
>
> So, my question, Do I personally NEED to download/install this update?
> Please someone help me. And put it in laymans terms. Thanks a bunchl

Denise

Re: KB940157
PA Bear..Thank you very much for your very easy-to-read-and-understandable
answer, which I did ask that you put it in layman terms and you did...lol
So thanks for that.
--
Thanks in advance to everyone that has helped me with questions.
Sincerely,

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> No.
>
> Denise wrote:
> > This I know will probably be a stupid question, but then again thats why
> > I'm
> > here -to get the answer.
> > First of all--Do I need this update? If so, what is it used for? (What
> > part
> > of the computer will get 'updated' , so to speak.)This is what it says
> > when
> > I expand the update in WU:
> >
> > Windows Search 4.0 for Windows XP (KB940157)
> > Download size: 5.3 MB , less than 1 minute
> > Windows Search 4.0 helps you to find, preview, and use your documents,
> > e-mail, music, photos, and other items. On an upgrade from previous
> > versions, you will need to rebuild your index. After you install this
> > item,
> > you may have to restart your computer.
> >
> > I have WindowsXP Home editon, SP3, and my puter is from 2002..so she's an
> > old gal...I mainly use my puter to surf the web, check emails, pay bills,
> > play online games, play CD games and such things. IMy browser is: IE7.
> >
> > So, my question, Do I personally NEED to download/install this update?
> > Please someone help me. And put it in laymans terms. Thanks a bunchl

> .

Re: KB940157
YW