back up failed

Linda Schaeffer

back up failed
while running backup got error code 0x800703EE and message volumn of a file
has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid.
Does anyone know how to find out what file and maybe I can just delete it or
how to fix this so I can backup to a cd or dvd? this is on a laptop running
windows 7 update. Thanks, Linda

Re: back up failed
CrystalBall© sez...

Post here instead:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...rmance/threads

Linda Schaeffer wrote:
> while running backup got error code 0x800703EE and message volumn of a
> file
> has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid.
> Does anyone know how to find out what file and maybe I can just delete it
> or
> how to fix this so I can backup to a cd or dvd? this is on a laptop
> running
> windows 7 update. Thanks, Linda

Susan Ashmead

error message on win7 when running system backup

Linda, today I just had the same problem you had and got them same error message 0x800703EE the file volume has been altered outside and backup failed. Would like an answer too as never ran back-ups after installing win7 over an XP system including all current updates. Will somebody out there please help us? Thanks.

Linda Schaeffer wrote:

back up failed
11-Mar-10

while running backup got error code 0x800703EE and message volumn of a file
has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid.
Does anyone know how to find out what file and maybe I can just delete it or
how to fix this so I can backup to a cd or dvd? this is on a laptop running
windows 7 update. Thanks, Linda

Sending SMTP email from within BizTalk Orchestration
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...il-from-w.aspx
al bent

I haven't been able to do any backups to dvd. Keeps saying defectivealthough they are brand new. I at times get files backed up to first disk butjust before it is completed i get error message "an error occurred. the
the volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid 0x800703ee.
Does anyone have a remedy that doesn't require purchasing yet another program.
Thanks in advance.

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

CrystalBall??
11-Mar-10

CrystalBall?? sez...

Post here instead:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...rmance/threads

Linda Schaeffer wrote:

BizTalk Configure and Send SMTP Mail Based on Message Within an Orchestration
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...e-and-sen.aspx
Ǝиçεl

RE: I haven't been able to do any backups to dvd. Keeps saying defecti
Hello Al,

0x800703EE ERROR_FILE_INVALID
System could not allocate the required space in a registry log;
The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened
file is no longer valid.

Have updates *ever* been applied to this system ?
Are you notified of available updates ?
What is the installed antivirus/security suite ?

Please start your own posting If you are a newbee, I can understand the
mistake.

In the future and it would be nice if you include your OS you're using, and
what other security software are you running, if any?

Please see this page http://members.shaw.ca/dts-l/goodpost.htm then post
back to your new thread with the information we'd need to be able to assist
you
properly.

Ǝиçεl
-=-