Windows XP SP3 update installed but not recognized?

Voodoomama

Windows XP SP3 update installed but not recognized?
I am running Windows XP Professional. While trying to configure new software
I received the message that Service Pack 2 or higher was necessary. I checked
my version of Windows and it showed that service pack 2 was installed. So, I
installed Service Pack 3. When I right click on My Computer and Properties,
it shows Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3. However, when I
try to install the other application I still get the message that "service
pack 2 or later is required". Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Windows XP SP3 update installed but not recognized?
What "new software" would it be?

Is Automatic Updates enabled and is the computer fully-patched at Windows
Update?

in the background when you installed SP3?

it)?

Voodoomama wrote:
> I am running Windows XP Professional. While trying to configure new
> software
> I received the message that Service Pack 2 or higher was necessary. I
> checked my version of Windows and it showed that service pack 2 was
> installed. So, I installed Service Pack 3. When I right click on My
> Computer and Properties, it shows Windows XP Professional Version 2002
> Service Pack 3. However, when I try to install the other application I
> still get the message that "service pack 2 or later is required". Any help
> would be greatly appreciated!

Ǝиçεl

RE: Windows XP SP3 update installed but not recognized?
Service Pack 3 issues are free support issues from Microsoft.

I'd contact them directly.

<https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=11273&gprid=522131>

<kibbitz>
NB: After 12 April 2010, your computer will NOT be offered ANY critical
security updates nor will Windows Update website be available until & unless
you get XP SP3 installed.
</kibbitz>-=-

Ǝиçεl
◕‿◕
-=-

"Voodoomama" wrote:

> I am running Windows XP Professional. While trying to configure new software
> I received the message that Service Pack 2 or higher was necessary. I checked
> my version of Windows and it showed that service pack 2 was installed. So, I
> installed Service Pack 3. When I right click on My Computer and Properties,
> it shows Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3. However, when I
> try to install the other application I still get the message that "service
> pack 2 or later is required". Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Windows XP SP3 update installed but not recognized?
No-charge support for WinXP SP3 issues ended in May 2009, Ангел.
--
~PA Bear

Ǝиçεl wrote:
> Service Pack 3 issues are free support issues from Microsoft.

Ǝиçεl

Re: Windows XP SP3 update installed but not recognized?
OOOppps OK thank you.

-=-

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> No-charge support for WinXP SP3 issues ended in May 2009, Ангел.
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> Ǝиçεl wrote:
> > Service Pack 3 issues are free support issues from Microsoft.

> .

Ǝиçεl

Re: Windows XP SP3 update installed but not recognized?
I'm confused - August 13/2009 is after May 2009

See your reply in thread "Windows XP Home SP3 update failed ... " in
the microsoft.private.security.windows Update forum dated 8/13/2009 5:57 PM
PST
as started by Paul. 8/13/2009 3:10 PM PST
-=-

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> No-charge support for WinXP SP3 issues ended in May 2009, Ангел.
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> Ǝиçεl wrote:
> > Service Pack 3 issues are free support issues from Microsoft.

> .

Ǝиçεl

Re: Windows XP SP3 update installed but not recognized?

OK I think I got it
free support ended in May 2009
and updates will end After 12 April 2010 with-out SP3.
-=-

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> No-charge support for WinXP SP3 issues ended in May 2009, Ангел.
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> Ǝиçεl wrote:
> > Service Pack 3 issues are free support issues from Microsoft.

> .

Re: Windows XP SP3 update installed but not recognized?
You're getting there, Ангел.

IN RE WinXP: Free unlimited installation and compatibility support for WinXP
SP3 was available from 14 April 2008 thru May 2009.

Extended Support for WinXP (x86) SP2 ends on 13 July 2010. After that date,
computers running WinXP (x86) SP2 will NOT be offered any further critical
security updates, Automatic Updates will not work, and Windows Update
website will not be accessible until SP3 is installed.

IN RE Vista: Free unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista
SP1 has been extended a third time & now runs through 10 August 2010, as
does similar support for Vista SP2.

Support for Vista RTM (no Service Packs) ends on 13 April 2010. After that
date, computers running Vista Gold (no Service Packs) will NOT be offered
any further critical security updates, Automatic Updates will not work, and
Windows Update website will not be accessible until SP1 or SP2 is installed.

What does it mean if my version of Windows is no longer supported?:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...f-support-mean