98

Tim Allen P

98
Are there any ways to upgrade windows 98 I am on a fixed income and my
computer was given to me?
--
Tim
ybS2okj

Re: 98
Upgrade to what? We are currently in Windows 7 period and if you want to
upgrade your Win98, you will need to buy a new powerful machine. Win7 won't
run on your system. I bet the computer you can buy today is likely to be
cheaper than your current system.

You could, however, try ebay for Windows 98SE. This is certainly a true
upgrade for Win 98.

hth

"Tim Allen P" <TimAllenP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Are there any ways to upgrade windows 98 I am on a fixed income and my
> computer was given to me?
> --
> Tim

Michael

Re: 98
"Tim Allen P" <TimAllenP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Are there any ways to upgrade windows 98 I am on a fixed income and my
> computer was given to me?
> --
> Tim

You can update it to XP, but after that you'd have to do a full install of
anything newer.
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

Re: 98
Michael wrote:
>> Are there any ways to upgrade windows 98 I am on a fixed income and my
>> computer was given to me?
>> --
>> Tim

> You can [upgrade] it to XP, but...

Michael

Re: 98
> Michael wrote:
>>> Are there any ways to upgrade windows 98 I am on a fixed income and my
>>> computer was given to me?
>>> --
>>> Tim

>> You can [upgrade] it to XP, but...

Cut me some slack. I'm new to this "be civil to people" thing. I'm paying
too much attention to how I'm saying what I'm saying and not enough to what
I'm saying.
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

MowGreen

Re: 98
Michael wrote:

>>> You can [upgrade] it to XP, but...

> Cut me some slack. I'm new to this "be civil to people" thing. I'm
> paying too much attention to how I'm saying what I'm saying and not
> enough to what I'm saying.

ROTFLMAO ... if I can do it, you can too, Michael. I'm not that much
younger than you, trust me.
How old ? ... well, I saw Maurice Richard play in the Old Madison Square
Garden in '57.
No, not in a '57 Chevy, *in* '57.

MowGreen
================
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com
Michael

Re: 98
"MowGreen" <mowgreen@nowandzen.com> wrote in message
> Michael wrote:

>> Cut me some slack. I'm new to this "be civil to people" thing. I'm
>> paying too much attention to how I'm saying what I'm saying and not
>> enough to what I'm saying.

> ROTFLMAO ... if I can do it, you can too, Michael. I'm not that much
> younger than you, trust me.
> How old ? ... well, I saw Maurice Richard play in the Old Madison Square
> Garden in '57.
> No, not in a '57 Chevy, *in* '57.
>
> MowGreen

Ermmmm....Mow. I saw The Rocket play, too, on archive films, but he was an
old man. I was only 1 in '57 and when he retired hockey wasn't shown much
on TV, if at all.
Thanks for cheering me up, though! :-)

Michael wrote:
> Ermmmm....Mow. I saw The Rocket play, too, on archive films, but he was
> an old man. I was only 1 in '57 and when he retired hockey wasn't shown
> much on TV, if at all.
> Thanks for cheering me up, though! :-)
> --
>

> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

1956 was a great year because The Mick won the Triple Crown and,
naturally, you were born that year.
Perhaps we need to change sigs, Michael. I'm the old curmudgeon 'round
these here parts, you young whippersnapper. <w>

MowGreen
================
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

> Michael wrote:
>> Ermmmm....Mow. I saw The Rocket play, too, on archive films, but he was
>> an old man. I was only 1 in '57 and when he retired hockey wasn't shown
>> much on TV, if at all.
>> Thanks for cheering me up, though! :-)
>> --
>>

>> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
>> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

> 1956 was a great year because The Mick won the Triple Crown and,
> naturally, you were born that year.
> Perhaps we need to change sigs, Michael. I'm the old curmudgeon 'round
> these here parts, you young whippersnapper. <w>
>

> MowGreen

What I lack in age I've made up for in experience.

Michael wrote:

> What I lack in age I've made up for in experience.
> --
>

> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

When I lack in experience, I just make it up

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

banthecheck.com