Windows Server Update Services

abdul khader

Windows Server Update Services
i have a small network with Dcon windows 2000 server, Symantec End Point
Protection 11.1 on windows 2003 server ent. recently i installed windows
server update service 3.1.6 . all the computers reported to server but failed
to update. i sort them according to their operating systems.
eror in event veiwer is

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Windows Server Update Services
Event Category: Clients
Event ID: 13042
Date: 3/4/2010
Time: 9:07:12 PM
User: N/A
Computer: ANTIVIRUS-SER
Self-update is not working.

on every host the mesege is showing that "the computer has not been contacted"

can any one help me out to solve this problem

Re: Windows Server Update Services
Ask such questions in...

WSUS-specific newsgroup:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities... date_services

WSUS-specific forum:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...erwsus/threads

abdul khader wrote:
> i have a small network with Dcon windows 2000 server, Symantec End Point
> Protection 11.1 on windows 2003 server ent. recently i installed windows
> server update service 3.1.6 . all the computers reported to server but
> failed to update. i sort them according to their operating systems.
> eror in event veiwer is
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: Windows Server Update Services
> Event Category: Clients
> Event ID: 13042
> Date: 3/4/2010
> Time: 9:07:12 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: ANTIVIRUS-SER
> Self-update is not working.
>
> on every host the mesege is showing that "the computer has not been
> contacted"
>
> can any one help me out to solve this problem

Peter Foldes

Re: Windows Server Update Services
Robear

I think the WSUS newsgroup on this server is closed.

--
Peter

> Ask such questions in...
>
> WSUS-specific newsgroup:
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities... date_services
>
> WSUS-specific forum:
> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...erwsus/threads
>
> abdul khader wrote:
>> i have a small network with Dcon windows 2000 server, Symantec End Point
>> Protection 11.1 on windows 2003 server ent. recently i installed windows
>> server update service 3.1.6 . all the computers reported to server but
>> failed to update. i sort them according to their operating systems.
>> eror in event veiwer is
>>
>> Event Type: Error
>> Event Source: Windows Server Update Services
>> Event Category: Clients
>> Event ID: 13042
>> Date: 3/4/2010
>> Time: 9:07:12 PM
>> User: N/A
>> Computer: ANTIVIRUS-SER
>> Self-update is not working.
>>
>> on every host the mesege is showing that "the computer has not been
>> contacted"
>>
>> can any one help me out to solve this problem

MowGreen

Re: Windows Server Update Services
http://www.microsoft.com/communities... date_services

If you are referring to the WSUS "web based" NG, I'm still seeing it
here, Peter.

MowGreen
================
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com

Peter Foldes wrote:
> Robear
>
> I think the WSUS newsgroup on this server is closed.

Peter Foldes

Re: Windows Server Update Services
Mow

I am seeing it also but both the NNTP and Web based newsgroups stopped posting after
Feb 27. Check it out. I do not see any

--
Peter

"MowGreen" <mowgreen@nowandzen.com> wrote in message
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities... date_services
>
> If you are referring to the WSUS "web based" NG, I'm still seeing it here, Peter.
>
> MowGreen
> ================
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ================
>
> banthecheck.com
> "Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked
>

> Peter Foldes wrote:
>> Robear
>>
>> I think the WSUS newsgroup on this server is closed.

Re: Windows Server Update Services
[x-post to WSUS NG]

Still available here, Peter.

Peter Foldes wrote:
> Robear
>
> I think the WSUS newsgroup on this server is closed.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Ask such questions in...
>>
>> WSUS-specific newsgroup:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities... date_services
>>
>> WSUS-specific forum:
>> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...erwsus/threads
>>
>> abdul khader wrote:
>>> i have a small network with Dcon windows 2000 server, Symantec End Point
>>> Protection 11.1 on windows 2003 server ent. recently i installed windows
>>> server update service 3.1.6 . all the computers reported to server but
>>> failed to update...

Peter Foldes

Re: Windows Server Update Services
Robear

I am going to piggy back on your post and see if it shows up. I sent a Test post and
I am still not able to see that post either.Also I am going to reset that group and
see. Thanks

--
Peter

> [x-post to WSUS NG]
>
> Still available here, Peter.
>
> Peter Foldes wrote:
>> Robear
>>
>> I think the WSUS newsgroup on this server is closed.
>>
>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>> Ask such questions in...
>>>
>>> WSUS-specific newsgroup:
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities... date_services
>>>
>>> WSUS-specific forum:
>>> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...erwsus/threads

Peter Foldes

Re: Windows Server Update Services
After reset of group my posts show . Thanks