KB977914 Offered every day

bennyg

KB977914 Offered every day
I have installed KB977914 5 times and every time it just gets offered to me
again. the MS FAQs said that it means a file was not updated, however my
computer registers all the latest dates on the files that were supposed to be
installed. Does anyone know of a solution to this?

Thanks

Re: KB977914 Offered every day
Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or
newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.

bennyg wrote:
> I have installed KB977914 5 times and every time it just gets offered to
> me
> again. the MS FAQs said that it means a file was not updated, however my
> computer registers all the latest dates on the files that were supposed to
> be installed. Does anyone know of a solution to this?

Robert Aldwinckle

"bennyg" <bennyg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have installed KB977914 5 times and every time it just gets offered to
> me
> again. the MS FAQs said that it means a file was not updated, however my
> computer registers all the latest dates on the files that were supposed to
> be
> installed.

Related to PA Bear's question make sure that the versions you are checking
for are the ones for your "Service Branch". Also, even if you do have all
the right modules you could still be reoffered an update if the registry was
not getting updated sufficiently to reflect that. So, perhaps you had some
security programs active when you installed the update which could have
interfered with either phase of the updating procedure?

> Does anyone know of a solution to this?

One possibility would be redoing the update manually in a more controlled
environment. E.g. once you have downloaded it you could disconnect from
the Internet and be less fearful of running without other things active
which might have been inhibiting successful completion of it.

Or you could run the MBSA to get a second opinion about the state of your
system regarding the vulnerability this update corrects. E.g. according to
the related TechNet Security Bulletin all the OS mentioned in the KB article
would be checked, so that would include yours, whatever it is.

> Thanks

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

birdseed

RE: KB977914 Offered every day
I use WinXP SP3 and have had the same thing happen with several updates.
When I check my update history, it says the same updates were installed
successfully several times.