KB976569 and KB976570

jiger

KB976569 and KB976570
I have installed the recent updates according to the above and I can see that
they are installed in add/remove programs as well as under successful
uppdates under WUP. Still they turn up everytime I go to WUP as available
updates as if they were not installed!
Are they really installed or not? What should I do?

Re: KB976569 and KB976570
Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or
newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.

jiger wrote:
> I have installed the recent updates according to the above and I can see
> that they are installed in add/remove programs as well as under successful
> uppdates under WUP. Still they turn up everytime I go to WUP as available
> updates as if they were not installed!
> Are they really installed or not? What should I do?

jiger

RE: KB976569 and KB976570
I have Win XP sp3 with all (?) the recent updates from WUP.

"jiger" wrote:

> I have installed the recent updates according to the above and I can see that
> they are installed in add/remove programs as well as under successful
> uppdates under WUP. Still they turn up everytime I go to WUP as available
> updates as if they were not installed!
> Are they really installed or not? What should I do?

Re: KB976569 and KB976570
Please don't reply to yourself.

If and only if KB976569 and KB976570 are both listed in Add/Remove Programs:

1. Stop the Automatic Updates service:

Start > Run > (type in) services.msc > [OK]
Double-click Automatic Updates > Click on Stop
(Stopping the service will take a moment)

2. Delete the contents of the Download folder:

Start > Run > (type in) %windir%\SoftwareDistribution > [OK]
Open the Download folder and delete its contents
Close the window.

3. Go to Windows Update website | Select CUSTOM and allow the scan to
complete | Uncheck/deselect KB976569 and KB976570 and hide them both ("Don't
show me this update again").

4. Start the Automatic Updates service:

Start > Run > (type in) services.msc > [OK]
Double-click Automatic Updates > Click on Start
(Starting the service will take a moment)

jiger wrote:
> I have Win XP sp3 with all (?) the recent updates from WUP.

<paste>
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2;
> Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or
> newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.

</paste>
>> I have installed the recent updates according to the above and I can see
>> that they are installed in add/remove programs as well as under
>> successful
>> uppdates under WUP. Still they turn up everytime I go to WUP as available
>> updates as if they were not installed!
>> Are they really installed or not? What should I do?

jiger

Re: KB976569 and KB976570
OK, I have done this. Can I trust that everything is OK now?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please don't reply to yourself.
>
> If and only if KB976569 and KB976570 are both listed in Add/Remove Programs:
>
> 1. Stop the Automatic Updates service:
>
> Start > Run > (type in) services.msc > [OK]
> Double-click Automatic Updates > Click on Stop
> (Stopping the service will take a moment)
>
> 2. Delete the contents of the Download folder:
>
> Start > Run > (type in) %windir%\SoftwareDistribution > [OK]
> Open the Download folder and delete its contents
> Close the window.
>
> 3. Go to Windows Update website | Select CUSTOM and allow the scan to
> complete | Uncheck/deselect KB976569 and KB976570 and hide them both ("Don't
> show me this update again").
>
> 4. Start the Automatic Updates service:
>
> Start > Run > (type in) services.msc > [OK]
> Double-click Automatic Updates > Click on Start
> (Starting the service will take a moment)
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> jiger wrote:
> > I have Win XP sp3 with all (?) the recent updates from WUP.
> >

> <paste>
> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> > Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2;
> > Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or
> > newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.

> </paste>
> >> I have installed the recent updates according to the above and I can see
> >> that they are installed in add/remove programs as well as under
> >> successful
> >> uppdates under WUP. Still they turn up everytime I go to WUP as available
> >> updates as if they were not installed!
> >> Are they really installed or not? What should I do?

> .

Re: KB976569 and KB976570
Are either of the updates offered by Automatic Updates now?

jiger wrote:
> OK, I have done this. Can I trust that everything is OK now?
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Please don't reply to yourself.
>>
>> If and only if KB976569 and KB976570 are both listed in Add/Remove
>> Programs:
>>
>> 1. Stop the Automatic Updates service:
>>
>> Start > Run > (type in) services.msc > [OK]
>> Double-click Automatic Updates > Click on Stop
>> (Stopping the service will take a moment)
>>
>> 2. Delete the contents of the Download folder:
>>
>> Start > Run > (type in) %windir%\SoftwareDistribution > [OK]
>> Open the Download folder and delete its contents
>> Close the window.
>>
>> 3. Go to Windows Update website | Select CUSTOM and allow the scan to
>> complete | Uncheck/deselect KB976569 and KB976570 and hide them both
>> ("Don't show me this update again").
>>
>> 4. Start the Automatic Updates service:
>>
>> Start > Run > (type in) services.msc > [OK]
>> Double-click Automatic Updates > Click on Start
>> (Starting the service will take a moment)
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> jiger wrote:
>>> I have Win XP sp3 with all (?) the recent updates from WUP.
>>>

>> <paste>
>> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>>> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit
>>> SP2;
>>> Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum
>>> or
>>> newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.

>> </paste>

>> .

jiger

Re: KB976569 and KB976570
Of course not as they are hidden ("Don´t show me this update again"). I culd
have done that from the beginning, without doing anything else.
Can I be sure that the updates are in place? Why do they show up if don´t
hide them?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Are either of the updates offered by Automatic Updates now?
>
> jiger wrote:
> > OK, I have done this. Can I trust that everything is OK now?
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Please don't reply to yourself.
> >>
> >> If and only if KB976569 and KB976570 are both listed in Add/Remove
> >> Programs:
> >>
> >> 1. Stop the Automatic Updates service:
> >>
> >> Start > Run > (type in) services.msc > [OK]
> >> Double-click Automatic Updates > Click on Stop
> >> (Stopping the service will take a moment)
> >>
> >> 2. Delete the contents of the Download folder:
> >>
> >> Start > Run > (type in) %windir%\SoftwareDistribution > [OK]
> >> Open the Download folder and delete its contents
> >> Close the window.
> >>
> >> 3. Go to Windows Update website | Select CUSTOM and allow the scan to
> >> complete | Uncheck/deselect KB976569 and KB976570 and hide them both
> >> ("Don't show me this update again").
> >>
> >> 4. Start the Automatic Updates service:
> >>
> >> Start > Run > (type in) services.msc > [OK]
> >> Double-click Automatic Updates > Click on Start
> >> (Starting the service will take a moment)
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

> >> <paste>
> >> </paste>
> >>
> >> .

> .

Re: KB976569 and KB976570
If KB976569 and KB976570 are both listed in Add/Remove Programs, don't worry
about it.

I have no idea why they were reoffered.

jiger wrote:
> Of course not as they are hidden ("Don´t show me this update again"). I
> culd
> have done that from the beginning, without doing anything else.
> Can I be sure that the updates are in place? Why do they show up if don´t
> hide them?
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Are either of the updates offered by Automatic Updates now?
>>
>> jiger wrote:
>>> OK, I have done this. Can I trust that everything is OK now?

>> .

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: KB976569 and KB976570
"jiger" <jiger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have installed the recent updates according to the above and I can see
> that
> they are installed in add/remove programs as well as under successful
> uppdates under WUP. Still they turn up everytime I go to WUP as available
> updates as if they were not installed!
> Are they really installed or not?

> What should I do?

Use MBSA for a second opinion or use the corresponding KB article module
information to assess whether you have all the modules still installed and
not some regressed somehow. You could also activate verbose logging (ref.
KB90293) and if necessary supplement those diagnostics with a ProcMon trace
of them being created. Finally, it may be enough simply to redo the
updates as manual installs. You could do that in a more controlled
environment, e.g. offline and with minimal possible interferers (such as an
AV app) running at the same time.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Ottmar Freudenberger

Re: KB976569 and KB976570
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> schrieb:

> Are either of the updates offered by Automatic Updates now?

Both haven't been offered via Auto Update at all. They are "deployed" as
Optional Updates via WU/MU AFAICS.

Bye,
Freudi