0x8007000D failed to download security for XP

Trisha

0x8007000D failed to download security for XP
Can someone please pleassssssssssssse help me out here. Past few weeks I have
not been able to install the security download 0x8007000D for my xp windows.
This has left my pc sluggish, not responding and my pc constantly restarting
itself. I am close to now throwing the dman pc throu the window.

Can anyone please pleassssssssse help me out here for a solution.

Thanks for your help peeps, Trisha
Shenan Stanley

Re: 0x8007000D failed to download security for XP
Trisha wrote:
> Can someone please pleassssssssssssse help me out here. Past few
> weeks I have not been able to install the security download
> 0x8007000D for my xp windows. This has left my pc sluggish, not
> responding and my pc constantly restarting itself. I am close to
> now throwing the dman pc throu the window.
>
> Can anyone please pleassssssssse help me out here for a solution.
>
> Thanks for your help peeps, Trisha

Given your posting style and such, I have made the following assumptions
(some based off what you said, some off how you described your issue.)

You have Windows XP _______ Edition 32-bit with at least Service Pack 2 (if
not Service Pack 3) installed on your computer. Your computer is likely
infested/infected with all sorts of nasty things.

Reboot again and logon as an user with administrative priviledges.

This is one of the more time-consuming steps where you will be
running (one at a time with reboots in-between each) three different
anti-spyware/anti-malware applications to ensure you come up clean.

Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan with the following
(freeware version):

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan with the following
(freeware version):

MalwareBytes
http://www.malwarebytes.com/

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

Download and run the MSRT manually:

You may find nothing, you may find only cookies, you may think it is a
waste of time - but if you do all this and report back here with what you
do/don't find as you are doing all of it - you are adding more pieces to
the puzzle and the entire picture just may become clearer and your
problem resolved.

Ignore the title and follow the sub-section under
"Advanced Troubleshooting" titled,
"Method 1: Reset the registry and the file permissions"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949377
*will take time
** Ignore the last step (6) - you either have SP3 or don't - don't care.
You shouldn't concern yourself over that *right now*.

You will likely see errors pass by if you watching, even count up. No
worries *at this time*.

*After* that is done, continue on to the next part where you clean off
some excess (unnecessary) files. It only removes those you definitely
do not need, if you follow the directions *as given* and do not deviate.
So reboot (for each of these steps, it is just best to reboot right
before - but I will continue to point that out) and logon as an user with
administrative priviledges.

Download/install the "Windows Installer CleanUp Utility":
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

After installing, do the following:

Start button --> RUN
(no "RUN"? Press the "Windows Key" + R on your keyboard)
--> type in:
"%ProgramFiles%\Windows Installer Clean Up\msizap.exe" g!
--> Click OK.
(The quotation marks and percentage signs and spacing should be exact.)

It will flash by *quick*, don't expect much out of this step to get
excited about. But the cleaner your machine is to start with, the
better your luck will be later (not really luck - more like preparedness,
but that's not as fun to think about, eh?)

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

.... and save it to the root of your C:\ drive. After saving it to the
root of the C:\ drive, do the following:

Start button --> RUN and type in:
--> Click OK.

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

Repeat this step again, Visit this web page (in Internet Explorer):

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

.... and click on the "Microsoft Fix it" icon. When asked, select "RUN",
both times. Check the "I agree" box and click on "Next". Check the box
for "Run aggressive options (not recommended)" and click "Next". Let
it finish up and follow the prompts until it is done. Close/exit and
reboot when it is.

You should now perform a full CHKDSK on your system drive (C...

How to scan your disks for errors
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265
* will take time and a reboot

You should now perform a full Defragment on your system drive (C...

How to Defragment your hard drives
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314848
* will take time

Uninstall any and all third-party firewall applications (ZoneAlarm, etc)
and utilize the built-in Windows Firewall only.

Reboot.

Log on as an user with administrative rights and open Internet Explorer
and visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ and select to do a
CUSTOM scan...

Every time you are about to click on something while at these web pages -
release the CTRL key after clicking each time.

(deselect any others) and install it.

Reboot again.

time. Rebooting as needed.

against the "Windows Search" one and any of the "Office Live" ones or
"Windows Live" ones for now. I would completely avoid the
Optional Hardware updates. Also - I do not see any urgent need to
install Internet Explorer 8 at this time.

Seriously - do all that. This is like antibiotics - don't skip a single
step, don't quit because you think things will be okay now - go through
until the end, until you have done everything given in the order given. If
you have a problem with a step come ask and let someone here get you
through that step. If you don't understand how to do a step, come back
and ask here about that step and let someone walk you through it.

Then - when done - let everyone here know if it worked for you - or if
you have more issues.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Re: 0x8007000D failed to download security for XP
Try doing a Reset: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

Trisha wrote:
> Can someone please pleassssssssssssse help me out here. Past few weeks I
> have not been able to install the security download 0x8007000D for my xp
> windows. This has left my pc sluggish, not responding and my pc constantly
> restarting itself. I am close to now throwing the dman pc throu the
> window.
>
> Can anyone please pleassssssssse help me out here for a solution.
>
> Thanks for your help peeps, Trisha

benjamingabrielleach32301northharbordriv