windows xp home op system viewing options

mckenzie2467

windows xp home op system viewing options
I've been running windows xp, home & pro, for some time now. In that system,
pics that you have in your comp can be displayed in thumbnail form like a web
page.
My ancient monitor just blew up, and I FINALLY got a flat screen 20"
monitor, but now the thumbs are MICROSCOPIC!! I've used the display settings
to enhance the view to 150%, but it only affects text. Also, Explorer 8 has
zoom features, but many of the programs, and my big want, the thumbnail pics
are so tiny they're hurting my eyes to see them.

Can we adjust the size of displayed files in the hard drive of a windows xp
system? Please write to mckenzie2467ATgmailDOTcom if you can help, otherwise
I am beginning to think I may have to sell this new screen and get a smaller
one!!
Ǝиçεl

RE: windows xp home op system viewing options

This work with Vista, I don't remember if you can recreated with XP.

Open any Windows Explorer window, select an icon, hold down CTRL and scroll
your mouse wheel - and your icons will expand before your eyes. It makes them
easier to view, and as nearly every icon is a snapshot of the file itself,
you can see what's inside them as well.
-=-

"mckenzie2467" wrote:

> I've been running windows xp, home & pro, for some time now. In that system,
> pics that you have in your comp can be displayed in thumbnail form like a web
> page.
> My ancient monitor just blew up, and I FINALLY got a flat screen 20"
> monitor, but now the thumbs are MICROSCOPIC!! I've used the display settings
> to enhance the view to 150%, but it only affects text. Also, Explorer 8 has
> zoom features, but many of the programs, and my big want, the thumbnail pics
> are so tiny they're hurting my eyes to see them.
>
> Can we adjust the size of displayed files in the hard drive of a windows xp
> system? Please write to mckenzie2467ATgmailDOTcom if you can help, otherwise
> I am beginning to think I may have to sell this new screen and get a smaller
> one!!

slogs

"mckenzie2467" wrote:

> I've been running windows xp, home & pro, for some time now. In that system,
> pics that you have in your comp can be displayed in thumbnail form like a web
> page.
> My ancient monitor just blew up, and I FINALLY got a flat screen 20"
> monitor, but now the thumbs are MICROSCOPIC!! I've used the display settings
> to enhance the view to 150%, but it only affects text. Also, Explorer 8 has
> zoom features, but many of the programs, and my big want, the thumbnail pics
> are so tiny they're hurting my eyes to see them.
>
> Can we adjust the size of displayed files in the hard drive of a windows xp
> system? Please write to mckenzie2467ATgmailDOTcom if you can help, otherwise
> I am beginning to think I may have to sell this new screen and get a smaller
> one!!

slogs

"mckenzie2467" wrote:

> I've been running windows xp, home & pro, for some time now. In that system,
> pics that you have in your comp can be displayed in thumbnail form like a web
> page.
> My ancient monitor just blew up, and I FINALLY got a flat screen 20"
> monitor, but now the thumbs are MICROSCOPIC!! I've used the display settings
> to enhance the view to 150%, but it only affects text. Also, Explorer 8 has
> zoom features, but many of the programs, and my big want, the thumbnail pics
> are so tiny they're hurting my eyes to see them.
>
> Can we adjust the size of displayed files in the hard drive of a windows xp
> system? Please write to mckenzie2467ATgmailDOTcom if you can help, otherwise
> I am beginning to think I may have to sell this new screen and get a smaller
> one!!

Hi! go into the display panel; set the display to a lower resolution. you
will have to reset most of the other sizes on icons, spacing, active
-inactive windows etc::::BUT it will solve the problem. once done make sure
you set the restore pont. Oh! by the way, alower resolution doesn't mean that
much detail lost. I have allways run mine on lowest, it also makes graphic
quicker to load as less cpu need. Try, it's a bit of a time consumer, but
you'll get the result.