Update won't install properly

rmielech

Update won't install properly
Update for Windows XP (KB967715)

This keeps showing up in Windows Update no matter how many times I install
and restart. Is there any way to stop it from happening? Is something in the
registry not being flagged properly?

MowGreen

Re: Update won't install properly
Please see the 'Known issues with this security update' section,
specifically - * Update 967715 is reoffered multiple times *
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967715

Also, read these sections of the KB article, too, please -

> Is this a security vulnerability that requires Microsoft to issue a security update?
> No. Disabling the Autorun feature is an optional configuration that some customers may
> decide to deploy. Update 967715 only resolves the issue with Autorun functionality.

> Do these updates disable Autorun capabilities?
> No. The updates that are offered correctly respect the registry key values that disable
> Autorun capabilities. These updates do not change the registry key values and will
> continue to respect values that were already set before these updates were installed. If
> the registry values were not set before you install these updates, then the registry key
> settings will have to be set appropriately in order to disable Autorun capabilities.

MowGreen
================
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com

rmielech wrote:
> Update for Windows XP (KB967715)
>
> This keeps showing up in Windows Update no matter how many times I install
> and restart. Is there any way to stop it from happening? Is something in the
> registry not being flagged properly?

spartacus

Re: Update won't install properly
That fixed it. I must have looked for that info a dozen times and never
located it. Thank you.

"MowGreen" <mowgreen@nowandzen.com> wrote in message
> Please see the 'Known issues with this security update' section,
> specifically - * Update 967715 is reoffered multiple times *
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967715
>
> Also, read these sections of the KB article, too, please -
>
>> Is this a security vulnerability that requires Microsoft to issue a
>> security update?
>> No. Disabling the Autorun feature is an optional configuration that some
>> customers may
>> decide to deploy. Update 967715 only resolves the issue with Autorun
>> functionality.

>> Do these updates disable Autorun capabilities?
>> No. The updates that are offered correctly respect the registry key
>> values that disable
>> Autorun capabilities. These updates do not change the registry key values
>> and will
>> continue to respect values that were already set before these updates
>> were installed. If
>> the registry values were not set before you install these updates, then
>> the registry key
>> settings will have to be set appropriately in order to disable Autorun
>> capabilities.

> MowGreen
> ================
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ================
>
> banthecheck.com
> "Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked
>

> rmielech wrote:
>> Update for Windows XP (KB967715)
>>
>> This keeps showing up in Windows Update no matter how many times I
>> install
>> and restart. Is there any way to stop it from happening? Is something in
>> the
>> registry not being flagged properly?

MowGreen

Re: Update won't install properly
You're most welcome. Glad to hear that Spartacus.
Did you know Kirk Douglas or Tony Curtis ? <w>

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

banthecheck.com