XP requests "reboot to finish update" at _every_ start.

Mikael_

XP requests "reboot to finish update" at _every_ start.
My XP proffesional asks me to "reboot it to finish the update" at every start.
If I do so I will never be able to use the PC!

I have restared, also switched of power, 25 times or more now.
I have disabled automatic updates and rebooted and enabled it again. No
difference.

It all started with the last security update. It stopped my PC from booting.
Just a short blink of the "blue screen" and rebbot, forever...
After uninstalling the new updates via the XP CD and repair I updated BIOS
and reinstalled the uppdates. Everything seems to work exept I am asked to
reboot all the time.

What to do?
Craig S

RE: XP requests "reboot to finish update" at _every_ start.
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=62&... d7f92ce751066

The above post - link speaks of your issue . Take a look and re-post if it
Does / Does Not solve the problem.

"Mikael_" wrote:

> My XP proffesional asks me to "reboot it to finish the update" at every start.
> If I do so I will never be able to use the PC!
>
> I have restared, also switched of power, 25 times or more now.
> I have disabled automatic updates and rebooted and enabled it again. No
> difference.
>
> It all started with the last security update. It stopped my PC from booting.
> Just a short blink of the "blue screen" and rebbot, forever...
> After uninstalling the new updates via the XP CD and repair I updated BIOS
> and reinstalled the uppdates. Everything seems to work exept I am asked to
> reboot all the time.
>
> What to do?

MowGreen

Re: XP requests "reboot to finish update" at _every_ start.
The links to the WUA have now been updated. Thanks for the reminder, Craig.
BUT, the issue posted by Mikael is not related to the installation of
the WUA rather, it appears to be connected to KB977165:

Update - Restart Issues After Installing MS10-015
http://blogs.technet.com/msrc/archiv...-ms10-015.aspx

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS10-015 - Important
Vulnerabilities in Windows Kernel Could Allow Elevation of Privilege
(977165)
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms10-015.mspx

Mikael ... you need to either contact MS or have someone who is familiar
with root kits take a look at your computer !!!

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

banthecheck.com