Windows Update Error 8000FFFF on Windows 7

Tony

Windows Update Error 8000FFFF on Windows 7
For the following updates. Why won't they installl
Cumulative Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows 7 (KB978262)

Download size: 27 KB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Important

Security issues have been identified in ActiveX controls that could allow an
attacker to compromise a system running Microsoft Internet Explorer and gain
control over it. You can help protect your system by installing this update
from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your
computer.

More information:

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows 7 (KB978207)

Download size: 7.1 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Important

Security issues have been identified that could allow an attacker to
compromise a system that is running Microsoft Internet Explorer and gain
control over it. You can help protect your system by installing this update
from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your
computer.

More information:

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

Security Update for Windows 7 (KB971468)

Download size: 219 KB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated
remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can
help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you
install this update, you may have to restart your system.

More information:

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

Security Update for Windows 7 (KB972270)

Download size: 276 KB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated
remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can
help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you
install this update, you may have to restart your system.

More information:

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

Security Update for Windows 7 (KB975560)

Download size: 776 KB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated
remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can
help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you
install this update, you may have to restart your system.

More information:

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

Security Update for Windows 7 (KB977165)

Download size: 2.3 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified that could allow an authenticated local
attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can help
protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you
install this update, you may have to restart your system.

More information:

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

Security Update for Windows 7 (KB978251)

Download size: 187 KB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated
remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can
help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you
install this update, you may have to restart your system.

More information:

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

Update for Internet Explorer 8 Compatibility View List for Windows 7
(KB978506)

Download size: 33 KB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Recommended

This Compatibility View List update helps make Web sites that are designed
for older browsers look better in Internet Explorer 8. When users install
Internet Explorer 8, they will be given a choice about opting-in to a list of
sites that should be displayed in Compatibility View. After you install this
item, you may have to restart Internet Explorer.

More information:

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=978506

Update for Rights Management Services Client for Windows 7 (KB979099)

Download size: 1.0 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Recommended

Install this update to resolve issues caused by manifest expiration in AD
RMS enabled applications. This update will fix any existing issues in
addition to addressing any future application manifest expirations. After you
install this item, you may have to restart any running AD RMS enabled
applications.

More information:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979099

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

Update for Windows 7 (KB977074)

Download size: 1.0 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Important

This is a reliability update. This update resolves some reliability issues
in Windows 7. By applying this update, you can achieve better reliability in
various scenarios. After you install this item, you may have to restart your
computer.

More information:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977074

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

Re: Windows Update Error 8000FFFF on Windows 7
Did you upgrade to Win7 or is it a brand-new computer?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

Have you tried...?

How do I reset Windows Update components?:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

Tony wrote:
> For the following updates. Why won't they installl
> Cumulative Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows 7 (KB978262)

<SNIPPAGE>
> Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows 7
> (KB978207)
> Security Update for Windows 7 (KB971468)
> Security Update for Windows 7 (KB972270)
> Security Update for Windows 7 (KB975560)
> Security Update for Windows 7 (KB977165)
> Security Update for Windows 7 (KB978251)
> Update for Internet Explorer 8 Compatibility View List for Windows 7
> (KB978506)
> Update for Rights Management Services Client for Windows 7 (KB979099)
> Update for Windows 7 (KB977074)

4992

Re: Windows Update Error 8000FFFF on Windows 7
I am receiving the same error message 8000FFFF on Vista Home Premium version
of Windows, which is prohibiting windows updates to occur. I have 32 bit
operating system, 2.0 GHZ, Intel.

I thoroughly frustrated. I have contacted McAffe and have tried to download
the suggested updates on the website.

What do you recommend?
--
Thanks for your assitance,
4992

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Did you upgrade to Win7 or is it a brand-new computer?

> What third-party firewall (if any)?

> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought
> it)?
>
> Have you tried...?
>
> How do I reset Windows Update components?:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> Tony wrote:
> > For the following updates. Why won't they installl
> > Cumulative Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows 7 (KB978262)

> <SNIPPAGE>
> > Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows 7
> > (KB978207)
> > Security Update for Windows 7 (KB971468)
> > Security Update for Windows 7 (KB972270)
> > Security Update for Windows 7 (KB975560)
> > Security Update for Windows 7 (KB977165)
> > Security Update for Windows 7 (KB978251)
> > Update for Internet Explorer 8 Compatibility View List for Windows 7
> > (KB978506)
> > Update for Rights Management Services Client for Windows 7 (KB979099)
> > Update for Windows 7 (KB977074)

> .

Re: Windows Update Error 8000FFFF on Windows 7
I recommend starting your own, new thread about /your/ specific problem and
computer.