error 0X800A1391

Allen Kuks

error 0X800A1391
Windows updates fails while initializing with error 0X800A1391.
Have already tried the recommended fix with no luck. Any help please

--
Allen Kuks
ark6154@yahoo.com
Peter Foldes

Re: error 0X800A1391
Allen

What fixes have you tried. There is no fix aside from cleaning you compromised
computer

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;836961

--
Peter

"Allen Kuks" <ark6154@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Windows updates fails while initializing with error 0X800A1391.
> Have already tried the recommended fix with no luck. Any help please
>
> --
> Allen Kuks
> ark6154@yahoo.com

Re: error 0X800A1391
So now what are you gonna do?

Allen Kuks wrote:
> Windows updates fails while initializing with error 0X800A1391.
> Have already tried the recommended fix with no luck. Any help please

Allen Kuks

Re: error 0X800A1391
I tried the 4 recommended fixes from your link below. Still could not get
windows update to initialize.

Any other thoughts.

--
Allen Kuks
ark6154@yahoo.com
> Allen
>
> What fixes have you tried. There is no fix aside from cleaning you
> compromised computer
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;836961
>
> --
> Peter

> "Allen Kuks" <ark6154@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Windows updates fails while initializing with error 0X800A1391.
>> Have already tried the recommended fix with no luck. Any help please
>>
>> --
>> Allen Kuks
>> ark6154@yahoo.com

Re: error 0X800A1391
in the background when you installed Vista SP2?

it)?

Allen Kuks wrote:
> I tried the 4 recommended fixes from your link below. Still could not get
> windows update to initialize.
>
> Any other thoughts.
>
>> What fixes have you tried. There is no fix aside from cleaning you
>> compromised computer
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;836961
>>
>>> Windows updates fails while initializing with error 0X800A1391.
>>> Have already tried the recommended fix with no luck. Any help please

Allen Kuks

Re: error 0X800A1391
Here's the funny thing. I can't run windows update from the start menu,
but if I go to control panel/security center and then check for updates
from there, it runs fine. Why would that be?

To answer your questions, I'm running Avast! and it is current. I only have
Defender.
No third party firewall and I'm running XP not Vista

--
Allen Kuks
ark6154@yahoo.com
> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these
> applications running in the background when you installed Vista SP2?

> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
> bought it)?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>
> Allen Kuks wrote:
>> I tried the 4 recommended fixes from your link below. Still could not get
>> windows update to initialize.
>>
>> Any other thoughts.
>>
>>> What fixes have you tried. There is no fix aside from cleaning you
>>> compromised computer
>>>
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;836961

Re: error 0X800A1391
I asked several questions, Allen.