Task Bar

mpw

Task Bar
I have Windows XP SP3. My task bar icons have been disappearing since the
last Windows update, which was installed Wednesday morning, February 10.
They are set to hide when not in use, but disappear completely instead. This
morning my Windows Defender icon did not appear even when it was actively
scanning. Other icons are also disappearing.
Ǝиçεl

RE: Task Bar

I would suggest you to run online virus scan and check if that helps.

Scan your computer now online and clean it for free!
<http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/tryscanner.htm>

A very good antimalware app are SUPERAntiSpyware (SAS) and
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) .

There is a fяee version (on demand scanning only)
<http://www.superantispyware.com/>

Reboot
-=-

MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) Same as above.
<http://www.malwarebytes.com/>

Reboot
-=-

<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315>
-=-

<http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html>
-=-

Suggest you seek assistance at a reputable anti-malware
forum or contact MS for no-charge support in getting the malware removed:

If you're in the US or Canada, contact MS at 1-866-PCSafety [1-866-727-2338]

or

<http://www.atribune.org/forums/index.php?showforum=9>
<http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30>

Please follow the above sugestions

Please report back so it may assist others who have the same pяoblem as you.

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it woяks ºut.

Good luck

Ǝиçεl
-=-

"mpw" wrote:

> I have Windows XP SP3. My task bar icons have been disappearing since the
> last Windows update, which was installed Wednesday morning, February 10.
> They are set to hide when not in use, but disappear completely instead. This
> morning my Windows Defender icon did not appear even when it was actively
> scanning. Other icons are also disappearing.

mpw

RE: Task Bar
Thank you but I have AVG9 which scans nightly at 10:00pm and Windows Defender
which scans daily at 10:00am. I run SpyBot weekly and Malwarebytes weekly.
I run AdAware monthly. All are current. My computer is clean. The icons
started dropping out of the task bar after the most recent update from
Microsoft. (I also am aware that AVG9 disables Windows Defender sometimes
when it automatically updates but I make sure WD is on whenever I turn the
computer on.)

Very strange there was no icon in the taskbar tray even when WD was scanning
on time as scheduled this morning.

"Ǝиçεl" wrote:

> I would suggest you to run online virus scan and check if that helps.
>
> Scan your computer now online and clean it for free!
> <http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/tryscanner.htm>
>

> A very good antimalware app are SUPERAntiSpyware (SAS) and
> MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) .
>
> There is a fяee version (on demand scanning only)
> <http://www.superantispyware.com/>
>
> Reboot
> -=-
>
> MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) Same as above.
> <http://www.malwarebytes.com/>
>
> Reboot
> -=-

> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315>
> -=-
>

> <http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html>
> -=-
>
> Suggest you seek assistance at a reputable anti-malware
> forum or contact MS for no-charge support in getting the malware removed:
>
> If you're in the US or Canada, contact MS at 1-866-PCSafety [1-866-727-2338]
>
> or
>
> <http://www.atribune.org/forums/index.php?showforum=9>
> <http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30>
>

> Please follow the above sugestions
>
> Please report back so it may assist others who have the same pяoblem as you.
>

> I hope this post is helpful.
>
> Let us know how it woяks ºut.
>
> Good luck
>

> Ǝиçεl
> -=-
>

> "mpw" wrote:
>
> > I have Windows XP SP3. My task bar icons have been disappearing since the
> > last Windows update, which was installed Wednesday morning, February 10.
> > They are set to hide when not in use, but disappear completely instead. This
> > morning my Windows Defender icon did not appear even when it was actively
> > scanning. Other icons are also disappearing.

Sue J Thomas

Re: Task Bar
AVG9 never saw any problems on my computer which WERE seen by MBAM. Much
better.
Sue