Failing to install Windows XP Service Pack 2

FadingVisions

Failing to install Windows XP Service Pack 2
Hi, I Keep trying to install Windows XP Service Pack 2 and it keeps failing
and giving me this error message:
Installation Failure

Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following
resources
Error Code: 0xFFFFFC02

Can someone help me so I can install it, because I keep trying and it just
keeps failing. Thank you.

-Michelle
Jerry

Re: Failing to install Windows XP Service Pack 2
Why SP2? SP3 is a better option.

"FadingVisions" <FadingVisions@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I Keep trying to install Windows XP Service Pack 2 and it keeps
> failing
> and giving me this error message:
> Installation Failure
>
> Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following
> resources
> Error Code: 0xFFFFFC02
>
> Can someone help me so I can install it, because I keep trying and it just
> keeps failing. Thank you.
>
> -Michelle

Ǝиçεl

RE: Failing to install Windows XP Service Pack 2
Sorry I don't have ant information about Error Code: 0xFFFFFC02

But try Windows XP Service Pack 2 Problem Solver

<http://winhlp.com/node/125>
-=-

"FadingVisions" wrote:

> Hi, I Keep trying to install Windows XP Service Pack 2 and it keeps failing
> and giving me this error message:
> Installation Failure
>
> Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following
> resources
> Error Code: 0xFFFFFC02
>
> Can someone help me so I can install it, because I keep trying and it just
> keeps failing. Thank you.
>
> -Michelle

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Failing to install Windows XP Service Pack 2

"FadingVisions" <FadingVisions@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I Keep trying to install Windows XP Service Pack 2 and it keeps
> failing
> and giving me this error message:
> Installation Failure
>
> Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following
> resources
> Error Code: 0xFFFFFC02
>
> Can someone help me so I can install it, because I keep trying and it just
> keeps failing. Thank you.
>
> -Michelle

Try to find some context for your code or its decimal equivalent in the logs
the update creates or modifies.

For a guess about the meaning of the code you could just search for it on
the Support site. E.g. then if there is any commonality in codes between
products, you could see that it might indicate you have a hardware problem.
In which case a chkdsk might be in order.

(ignore title)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/177761

(Microsoft search of Support site for
0xFFFFFC02 update
)

<quote>
-1022 0xFFFFFC02 JET_errDiskIO Disk IO error
</quote>

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Re: Failing to install Windows XP Service Pack 2
See...

Help: I Got Hacked. Now What Do I Do?
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc700813.aspx

If WinXP SP2's not installed, you don't have a functional anti-virus
application installed either.

Back-up any personal data (none of which should be considered 100%
trustworthy at this point) then format the HDD & do a clean install of
Windows. Please note that a Repair Install (AKA in-place upgrade) will NOT
fix this!

HOW TO do a clean install of WinXP: See
http://michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html#steps and/or Method 1 in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978307

After the clean install, you'll have the equivalent of a "new computer" so
take care of everything on the following page before otherwise connecting
the machine to the internet or a local network (i.e., other computers) and
before using a flash drive or SDCard that isn't brand-new or hasn't been
freshly formatted:

4 steps to help protect your new computer before you go online
http://www.microsoft.com/security/pypc.aspx

Other helpful references include:

HOW TO get a computer running WinXP Gold (no Service Packs) fully patched
(after a clean install)
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...5afa8ed33e121c

HOW TO get a computer running WinXP SP1(a) or SP2 fully patched (after a
clean install)
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...66ae41add7dd2b

Tip: After getting the computer fully-patched, download/install KB971029
manually: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971029

NB: Any Norton or McAfee free-trial that came preinstalled on the computer
when you bought it will be reinstalled (but invalid) when Windows is
reinstalled. You MUST uninstall the free-trial and download/run the
appropriate removal tool before installing any updates, Windows Service
Packs or IE upgrades and before installing your new anti-virus application
(which will require WinXP SP3 to be installed).

Norton Removal Tool
ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/englis...moval_Tool.exe

McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool
http://download.mcafee.com/products/...tches/MCPR.exe

Also see:

Steps To Help Prevent Spyware
http://www.microsoft.com/security/spyware/prevent.aspx

Steps to Help Prevent Computer Worms
http://www.microsoft.com/security/worms/prevent.aspx

Avoid Rogue Security Software!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/antivirus/rogue.aspx

FadingVisions wrote:
> Hi, I Keep trying to install Windows XP Service Pack 2 and it keeps
> failing
> and giving me this error message:
> Installation Failure
>
> Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following
> resources
> Error Code: 0xFFFFFC02
>
> Can someone help me so I can install it, because I keep trying and it just
> keeps failing. Thank you.

Ǝиçεl

RE: Failing to install Windows XP Service Pack 2

In addition to the other excellent advice from Jerry and PA Bear

After 12 April 2010, XP SP3 your computer will NOT be offered ANY critical
security updates nor will Windows Update website be available until & unless
you get XP SP3 installed.

Ǝиçεl
◕‿◕
-=-