update and install

zbp

update and install
We've had a problem with install updates and shut down. Now 2 of our
computers are not starting back up - what is going on? Is anyone else having
this problem
MowGreen

Re: update and install
1) Which edition of Windows and what Service Pack level are they on ?

2) If these were *Security* updates, MS offers *** no charge *** support
for resolving issues associated with their installation:

" Support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in the United States
and Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. For more
information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary for
support issues with security updates, visit the Microsoft International
Support Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/common/....aspx?rdpath=4

North American customers can also obtain instant access to unlimited
no-charge e-mail support or to unlimited individual chat support by
visiting the following Microsoft Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?&prid=7552

For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
through your usual support contacts. "

*STRONGLY* suggest that you contact MS so that they are made aware of
*any* issues resulting from this month's round of Sec updates !

MowGreen
================
* -343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com

zbp wrote:
> We've had a problem with install updates and shut down. Now 2 of our
> computers are not starting back up - what is going on? Is anyone else having
> this problem

puzzledmum

RE: update and install
yep - my son has just called to ask me to check out the forum. He left his XP
laptop installing the security updates on shutdown and now can't get it to
start up again in any mode.

"zbp" wrote:

> We've had a problem with install updates and shut down. Now 2 of our
> computers are not starting back up - what is going on? Is anyone else having
> this problem

MowGreen

Re: update and install
I repeat, since you obviously didn't see the post in this thread:

Since these were *Security* updates, MS offers *** no charge *** support