9 out of 11 upgdates fail Code 0x8007foda

Gleam

9 out of 11 upgdates fail Code 0x8007foda
Following failed to download:
KB95713, KB978037,KB975560, KB977914, KB 978706
Following downloaded but failed to install
KB977165, KB978251, KB978262, KB971468

All with same code.
Op System XP Home Edition SP3
Shenan Stanley

Re: 9 out of 11 upgdates fail Code 0x8007foda
Gleam wrote:
> Following failed to download:
> KB95713, KB978037,KB975560, KB977914, KB 978706
> Following downloaded but failed to install
> KB977165, KB978251, KB978262, KB971468
>
> All with same code.
> Op System XP Home Edition SP3

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

.... and click on the "Microsoft Fix it" icon. When asked, select "RUN",
both times. Check the "I agree" box and click on "Next". Check the box
for "Run aggressive options (not recommended)" and click "Next". Let
it finish up and follow the prompts until it is done. Close/exit and
reboot when it is.

Try again.

Whether or not that fails, come back and let people know so we can continue
the troubleshooting or know you got it working.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Ǝиçεl

RE: 9 out of 11 upgdates fail Code 0x8007foda

Strongly suggest you contact MS for no-charge support in getting this
updates installed.

in the United States and Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your local
Microsoft subsidiary for support issues with security updates, visit the
Microsoft International Support Web site:
<http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx?rdpath=4>

North American customers can also obtain instant access to unlimited
no-charge e-mail support or to unlimited individual chat support by
visiting the following Microsoft Web site:
<http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=7552> "
-=-

02/09/1005:04:32 pm

"Gleam" wrote:

> Following failed to download:
> KB95713, KB978037,KB975560, KB977914, KB 978706
> Following downloaded but failed to install
> KB977165, KB978251, KB978262, KB971468
>
> All with same code.
> Op System XP Home Edition SP3

TaurArian

"Gleam" <Gleam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news8E6F3A2-5403-4135-B771-EFE62F7D48AA@microsoft.com...
> Following failed to download:
> KB95713, KB978037,KB975560, KB977914, KB 978706
> Following downloaded but failed to install
> KB977165, KB978251, KB978262, KB971468
>
> All with same code.
> Op System XP Home Edition SP3

You cannot install some updates or programs
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798
When you examine the %systemroot%\Windowsupdate.log file, you may see an
entry for one of the following errors:. 0x80096001
.. 0x80096005 . 0x80096010 . 0x800B0001 . 0x800B0003 . 0x800B0004 .
0x800B0109 . 0x8007f0da

You receive error code 0x8007F0DA when use the Windows Update Web site or
the Microsoft Update Web site to install updates:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958050

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2010 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

Gleam

Re: 9 out of 11 upgdates fail Code 0x8007foda
I get this message: Fixit50202. Unexpected error installing...may indicate
problem with this package..Error Code 2755

Gleam wrote:
> I get this message: Fixit50202. Unexpected error installing...may
> indicate problem with this package..Error Code 2755

Let's get a little more intense...

Ignore the title and follow the sub-section under
"Advanced Troubleshooting" titled,
"Method 1: Reset the registry and the file permissions"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949377
*will take time
** Ignore the last step (6) - you already have SP3...

You will likely see errors pass by if you watching, even count up. No
worries *at this time*.

*After* that is done, continue on to the next part where you clean off
some excess (unnecessary) files. It only removes those you definitely
do not need, if you follow the directions *as given* and do not deviate.
So reboot (for each of these steps, it is just best to reboot right
before - but I will continue to point that out) and logon as an user with
administrative priviledges.

Download/install the "Windows Installer CleanUp Utility":
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

After installing, do the following:

Start button --> RUN
(no "RUN"? Press the "Windows Key" + R on your keyboard)
--> type in:
"%ProgramFiles%\Windows Installer Clean Up\msizap.exe" g!
--> Click OK.
(The quotation marks and percentage signs and spacing should be exact.)

It will flash by *quick*, don't expect much out of this step to get
excited about. But the cleaner your machine is to start with, the
better your luck will be later (not really luck - more like preparedness,
but that's not as fun to think about, eh?)

Reboot again and logon as an user with administrative priviledges.

This time (and this is one of the more time-consuming steps) you will be
running (one at a time with reboots in-between each) three different
anti-spyware/anti-malware applications to ensure you come up clean.

Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan with the following
(freeware version):

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan with the following
(freeware version):

MalwareBytes
http://www.malwarebytes.com/

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

Download and run the MSRT manually:

You may find nothing, you may find only cookies, you may think it is a
waste of time - but if you do all this and report back here with what you
do/don't find as you are doing all of it - you are adding more pieces to
the puzzle and the entire picture just may become clearer and your
problem resolved.

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

.... and save it to the root of your C:\ drive. After saving it to the
root of the C:\ drive, do the following:

Start button --> RUN and type in:
--> Click OK.

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

Repeat this step again, Visit this web page (in Internet Explorer):

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

.... and click on the "Microsoft Fix it" icon. When asked, select "RUN",
both times. Check the "I agree" box and click on "Next". Check the box
for "Run aggressive options (not recommended)" and click "Next". Let
it finish up and follow the prompts until it is done. Close/exit and
reboot when it is.

You should now perform a full CHKDSK on your system drive (C...

How to scan your disks for errors
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265
* will take time and a reboot

You should now perform a full Defragment on your system drive (C...

How to Defragment your hard drives
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314848
* will take time

Uninstall any and all third-party firewall applications (ZoneAlarm, etc)
and utilize the built-in Windows Firewall only.

Reboot.

Log on as an user with administrative rights and open Internet Explorer
and visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ and select to do a
CUSTOM scan...

Every time you are about to click on something while at these web pages -
release the CTRL key after clicking each time.

(deselect any others) and install it.

Reboot again.

time. Rebooting as needed.

against the "Windows Search" one and any of the "Office Live" ones or
"Windows Live" ones for now. I would completely avoid the
Optional Hardware updates. Also - I do not see any urgent need to
install Internet Explorer 8 at this time.

Seriously - do all that. This is like antibiotics - don't skip a single
step, don't quit because you think things will be okay now - go through
until the end, until you have done everything given in the order given. If
you have a problem with a step come ask and let someone here get you
through that step. If you don't understand how to do a step, come back
and ask here about that step and let someone walk you through it.

Then - when done - let everyone here know if it worked for you - or if
you have more issues.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Gleam

Re: 9 out of 11 upgdates fail Code 0x8007foda
I see 0x8007f0da, 0x8024000b, 0x8024200b, 0xf0da, 0x80240022, 0x240001 for
this update.
Try to stop cryptographic servioces prior to restarting. Get a message
"Unable to stop True Vector Internet Monitor"

Gleam wrote:
> I see 0x8007f0da, 0x8024000b, 0x8024200b, 0xf0da, 0x80240022,
> 0x240001 for this update.
> Try to stop cryptographic servioces prior to restarting. Get a
> message "Unable to stop True Vector Internet Monitor"

Uninstall ZoneAlarm permanently.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Gleam

Re: 9 out of 11 upgdates fail Code 0x8007foda
Shut PC down, went to work, came back tried updates web site again and it
worked first time! No downloads needed. I think "Mr Fix-it" must have fixed
even though he gave an error message.

Many thanks for your help.

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> [...]

> time. Rebooting as needed.
>
> The Optional Software updates are generally safe - although I recommend
> against the "Windows Search" one and any of the "Office Live" ones or
> "Windows Live" ones for now. I would completely avoid the
> Optional Hardware updates. Also - I do not see any urgent need to
> install Internet Explorer 8 at this time.
>
> Seriously - do all that. This is like antibiotics - don't skip a single
> step, don't quit because you think things will be okay now - go through
> until the end, until you have done everything given in the order given. If
> you have a problem with a step come ask and let someone here get you
> through that step. If you don't understand how to do a step, come back
> and ask here about that step and let someone walk you through it.
>
> Then - when done - let everyone here know if it worked for you - or if

Gleam

Re: 9 out of 11 upgdates fail Code 0x8007foda
Doing a Java update and I got this message:
Java(TM) 6 Update 18
Error 1704. An installation for Microsoft Fix it 50202 is currently
suspended. You must undo the changes made by that installation to continue.
Do you want to udo those changes?

I answered Yes
I don't know what effct that will have on next month's updates.