No KB977074 problem thread?

Milhouse Van Houten

No KB977074 problem thread?
After reading the thread below, I was surprised to come here and find no
mention of problems whatsoever. That's certainly unusual. Maybe it doesn't
have the number in the subject?

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...e-bcac1ac94e57

Re: No KB977074 problem thread?
You didn't look very hard; cf.
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...rt=0&scoring=d

Milhouse Van Houten wrote:
> After reading the thread below, I was surprised to come here and find no
> mention of problems whatsoever. That's certainly unusual. Maybe it doesn't
> have the number in the subject?
>
> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...e-bcac1ac94e57

ComCool

RE: No KB977074 problem thread?
My computer also failes to configer this update on reboot.

"Milhouse Van Houten" wrote:

> After reading the thread below, I was surprised to come here and find no
> mention of problems whatsoever. That's certainly unusual. Maybe it doesn't
> have the number in the subject?
>
> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...e-bcac1ac94e57
>
> .

Milhouse Van Houten

Re: No KB977074 problem thread?
I wasn't counting the "unable to update KB977074" one because it wasn't an
issue of consequences from the update. He just couldn't get it installed.

I didn't find the others because of the subject lines, but they just look
like installation problems, too, which may actually turn out to be a good
thing in this case.

The problems in the Technet thread are a whole other subject.

> You didn't look very hard; cf.
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...rt=0&scoring=d
>

> Milhouse Van Houten wrote:
>> After reading the thread below, I was surprised to come here and find no
>> mention of problems whatsoever. That's certainly unusual. Maybe it
>> doesn't
>> have the number in the subject?
>>
>> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...e-bcac1ac94e57

MowGreen

Re: No KB977074 problem thread?
Despite the 2 updates being offered simultaneously for those whose
Windows 7 systems are accessing Windows Update for the first time, I
strongly suggest installing KB974431 first, then do a reboot, and then
install KB977074.

I ***more strongly suggest*** that the "stability and reliability"
updates NOT be installed if none of the symptoms listed in their KB
articles are present:

An update is available to improve the stability and reliability of
Windows 7 and of Windows Server 2008 R2
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974431

An update is available to improve the stability and the reliability of
Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977074

Microsoft pushes out these types of updates in response to the feedback
they receive from the " Customer Experience Improvement Program ", aka
CEIP.
I'm not sure if that's turned on by Default by the OEMs or by MS as it's
not readily accessible unless one drills down to it in
Control Panel > Action Center > Change Action Center settings > Related
settings

And, FWIW, from what I've seen in the past with such updates for Vista,
x64 systems have the most issues associated with these types of updates.

MowGreen
================
* -343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com

Milhouse Van Houten wrote:
> I wasn't counting the "unable to update KB977074" one because it wasn't
> an issue of consequences from the update. He just couldn't get it
> installed.
>
> I didn't find the others because of the subject lines, but they just
> look like installation problems, too, which may actually turn out to be
> a good thing in this case.
>
> The problems in the Technet thread are a whole other subject.

>> You didn't look very hard; cf.
>> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...rt=0&scoring=d
>>

>> Milhouse Van Houten wrote:
>>> After reading the thread below, I was surprised to come here and find no
>>> mention of problems whatsoever. That's certainly unusual. Maybe it
>>> doesn't
>>> have the number in the subject?
>>>
>>> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...e-bcac1ac94e57

Re: No KB977074 problem thread?
As there are no Win7 (or Windows Server 2008) newsgroups and seeing as
problems encountered after having installed KB977074 has nothing to do with
Windows Update functionality, you're more likely to see threads about such
problems in the Win7-specific forums:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...egory/windows7