Help Needed!

James Moore

Help Needed!
I'm posting this for a friend who had his computer to crash and he did
a system restore and lost some old emails. Is there any way to get
those emails back? Here is something he wrote-

I am looking for the person who had the friends who were going to buy
our
NQC tickets for 2010.
The were going to retire and use our tickets this year.

My computer crashed due to a corrupted hard drive and when I did a
total
system restore it deleted all my old saved emails so I cannot contact
them.

Thanks

And here is another message he wrote when I ask him if his system was
windows xp, and he told me it was.

I had to do a total reboot from recovery disks and it reverted me back
to 2003 when I bought the computer. When I reloaded Microsoft Outlook
it did not recognize my previous emails. All my folders were blank in
spite of the fact that the recovery process said all my data file
would be saved.

James
Any help would be appreciated-Thank You.

Re: Help Needed!
How does any of this pertain to Windows Update, James?

If your friend didn't maintain a back-up of his OL data, it's gone.

On Feb 9, 2:23*am, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How does any of this pertain to Windows Update, James?
>
> If your friend didn't maintain a back-up of his OL data, it's gone.
>

> James Moore wrote:
> > I'm posting this for a friend who had his computer to crash and he did
> > a system restore and lost some old emails. Is there any way to get
> > those emails back? Here is something he wrote-

> > I am looking for the person who had the friends who were going to buy
> > our
> > NQC tickets for 2010.
> > The were going to retire and use our tickets this year.

> > My computer crashed due to a corrupted hard drive and when I did a
> > total
> > system restore it deleted all my old saved emails so I cannot contact
> > them.

> > Thanks

> > And here is another message he wrote when I ask him if his system was
> > windows xp, and he told me it was.

> > I had to do a total reboot from recovery disks and it reverted me back
> > to 2003 when I bought the computer. When I reloaded Microsoft Outlook
> > it did not recognize my previous emails. All my folders were blank in
> > spite of the fact that the recovery process said all my data file
> > would be saved.

> > James
> > Any help would be appreciated-Thank You.- Hide quoted text -

I've posted on the wrong forum-sorry
John

Re: Help Needed!

"James Moore" <jamo1937@gmail.com> wrote in message
> the recovery process said all my data file
> would be saved.

Why don't you ask your friend to search for PST files (*.PST)? It really
sounds like your friend chooses a recovery option that doesn't destroy user
data completely.