update not working

windows update

update not working
why wont my windows update fail
Shenan Stanley

Re: update not working
windows update wrote:
> why wont my windows update fail

No one here has any idea why your windows update won't fail. Strange query
anyway. Why do you think it should fail?

No one here is certain what operating system is on the system you are (are
not) having the issue with. What edition of that operating system? What
service pack of that operating system? What version of Internet Explorer?
What have you tried to do (to make it fail or if you misspoke, fix the
failure)?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Alan

Re: update not working
Just sorted my problem out with updates. Download Windows service pack 3 and
this will sort it. It took me an hour from start to finish to do this but it
worked and the PC is running faster because there is a clean up on this.

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> windows update wrote:
> > why wont my windows update fail

> No one here has any idea why your windows update won't fail. Strange query
> anyway. Why do you think it should fail?
>
> No one here is certain what operating system is on the system you are (are
> not) having the issue with. What edition of that operating system? What
> service pack of that operating system? What version of Internet Explorer?
> What have you tried to do (to make it fail or if you misspoke, fix the
> failure)?
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
>

> .

Shenan Stanley

Re: update not working

Alan wrote:
> Just sorted my problem out with updates. Download Windows service
> pack 3 and this will sort it. It took me an hour from start to
> finish to do this but it worked and the PC is running faster
> because there is a clean up on this.

First - how do you know the original poster even has Windows XP?

Second - Windows XP Service Pack 3 doesn't do any 'clean up'... Although
some people might have to do a clean up to get it installed.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Re: update not working
huh?

windows update wrote:
> why wont my windows update fail

Michael

Re: update not working
Because you haven't tried hard enough.

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

"windows update" <windows update@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> why wont my windows update fail

Bill

Re: update not working
Mine does, every month - Code 646 for Office updates..

MS suggests turning off the UAC - rather funny given the updates are to fix
security problems, as a rule.

You just need to try harder or install Office.