Update for ITE - Other hardware - UMass Storage Device (310)

Muchmore

Update for ITE - Other hardware - UMass Storage Device (310)
Hi - thanks for any help. Please forgive me if I am not describing my issue
correctly.

I installed the ITE - Other hardware - UMass Storage Device(310) update via
Microsoft Update and my usb thumb drive now does not show up in the "Safely
Remove Hardware" when I want to stop and eject it. It DOES however still
appear in the "My Computer" as a valid drive. Also, after I installed the
update, I got a blue screen (I was not able to document the error codes, but
if it happens again I will). If anyone can help - I would appreciate it. As
an aside, can this update be uninstalled?

Thanks,
Andrew
Shenan Stanley

Re: Update for ITE - Other hardware - UMass Storage Device (310)
Muchmore wrote:
> Thanks for any help.
> Please forgive me if I am not describing
> my issue correctly.
>
> I installed the ITE - Other hardware - UMass Storage Device(310)
> update via Microsoft Update and my usb thumb drive now does not
> show up in the "Safely Remove Hardware" when I want to stop and
> eject it. It DOES however still appear in the "My Computer" as a
> valid drive. Also, after I installed the update, I got a blue
> screen (I was not able to document the error codes, but if it
> happens again I will). If anyone can help - I would appreciate it.
> As an aside, can this update be uninstalled?

Roll-back the driver. (Google.)
Do not get Hardware Updates for non-Microsoft hardware from a Microsoft
site.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

lap

On Feb 8, 7:34*pm, "Shenan Stanley" <newshel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Muchmore wrote:
> > Thanks for any help.
> > Please forgive me if I am not describing
> > my issue correctly.

> > I installed the ITE - Other hardware - UMass Storage Device(310)
> > update via Microsoft Update and my usb thumb drive now does not
> > show up in the "Safely Remove Hardware" when I want to stop and
> > eject it. *It DOES however still appear in the "My Computer" as a
> > valid drive. *Also, after I installed the update, I got a blue
> > screen (I was not able to document the error codes, but if it
> > happens again I will). *If anyone can help - I would appreciate it.
> > As an aside, can this update be uninstalled?

> Roll-back the driver. *(Google.)
> Do not get Hardware Updates for non-Microsoft hardware from a Microsoft
> site.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> * * *MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Wayhttp://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Hi,
That driver also messed up my system. Where can I find the device
that the driver was installed? I looked into the device manager and
couldn't find any that looked anything related to ITE Umass storage. I
also couldn't find any uninstall driver program in control panel / add
remove programs. If you can help to find where to uninstall, it will
be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!