Error OX 80090008

Alan

Error OX 80090008
I'm trying to do a update and this error message comes up and I can't access
the website. Can anyone help here?
Michael

Re: Error OX 80090008
"Alan" <Alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsA7CBDA0-5AED-4DCF-ADFE-011845B0BA25@microsoft.com...
> I'm trying to do a update and this error message comes up and I can't
> access
> the website. Can anyone help here?

Alan, you need to give more information. What OS/service pack? Which
update, (KB)?
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

Alan

Re: Error OX 80090008
This is happening when I go onto check for updates. It starts checking my PC
for updates and then this error comes up with the message
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
Sorry that I can't give anymore information.
"Michael" wrote:

> "Alan" <Alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsA7CBDA0-5AED-4DCF-ADFE-011845B0BA25@microsoft.com...
> > I'm trying to do a update and this error message comes up and I can't
> > access
> > the website. Can anyone help here?

> Alan, you need to give more information. What OS/service pack? Which
> update, (KB)?
> --
>

> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

Michael

Re: Error OX 80090008
It is possible the website was down. Have you tried since?

--

> This is happening when I go onto check for updates. It starts checking my
> PC
> for updates and then this error comes up with the message
> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the
> problem.
> Sorry that I can't give anymore information.
> "Michael" wrote:
>
>> "Alan" <Alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> newsA7CBDA0-5AED-4DCF-ADFE-011845B0BA25@microsoft.com...
>> > I'm trying to do a update and this error message comes up and I can't
>> > access
>> > the website. Can anyone help here?

>> Alan, you need to give more information. What OS/service pack? Which
>> update, (KB)?
>> --
>>

>> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
>> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

MowGreen

Re: Error OX 80090008
0x80090008 NTE_BAD_ALGID
Invalid algorithm specified

You receive an error message in Internet Explorer: "Internet Explorer
cannot display the webpage"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956196

"Page cannot be displayed" error during SSL 3.0 Server session time-out
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305217

Is the system on a business or home network ?
Is a 3rd party firewall being used instead of the native Windows firewall ?

>> Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000

>> Sorry that I can't give anymore information.

If you can't supply pertinent information it's next to impossible to
assist you, Alan. That's *if* you find you're way back to this thread.

MowGreen
================
* -343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com

Alan wrote:
> This is happening when I go onto check for updates. It starts checking my PC
> for updates and then this error comes up with the message
> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
> Sorry that I can't give anymore information.

> "Michael" wrote:
>
>> "Alan"<Alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> newsA7CBDA0-5AED-4DCF-ADFE-011845B0BA25@microsoft.com...
>>> I'm trying to do a update and this error message comes up and I can't
>>> access
>>> the website. Can anyone help here?

>> Alan, you need to give more information. What OS/service pack? Which
>> update, (KB)?
>> --
>>

>> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
>> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

Ǝиçεl

Re: Error OX 80090008

Alan, You are not going to get substantial help here unless you fully
answers the questions asked.
-=-

"Alan" wrote:

> Sorry that I can't give anymore information.
> > >

> > Alan, you need to give more information. What OS/service pack? Which
> > update, (KB)?

Alan

Re: Error OX 80090008
This is a home network and no third party firewall is being used. I noticed
that I have had no Windows updates since December 2009. I have reset Internet
Explorer to default and still the page will not open. It goes through the
motions of checking my PC for updates and then the error message comes up.
I'm not very computer literate so a lot of this is new to me.

"MowGreen" wrote:

> 0x80090008 NTE_BAD_ALGID
> Invalid algorithm specified
>
> You receive an error message in Internet Explorer: "Internet Explorer
> cannot display the webpage"
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956196
>
> "Page cannot be displayed" error during SSL 3.0 Server session time-out
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305217
>

> Is the system on a business or home network ?
> Is a 3rd party firewall being used instead of the native Windows firewall ?
>
> >> Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000

> >> Sorry that I can't give anymore information.

> If you can't supply pertinent information it's next to impossible to
> assist you, Alan. That's *if* you find you're way back to this thread.
>

> MowGreen
> ================
> * -343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ================
>
> banthecheck.com
> "Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked
>

> Alan wrote:
> > This is happening when I go onto check for updates. It starts checking my PC
> > for updates and then this error comes up with the message
> > The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> > trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
> > Sorry that I can't give anymore information.

> > "Michael" wrote:
> >
> >> "Alan"<Alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> newsA7CBDA0-5AED-4DCF-ADFE-011845B0BA25@microsoft.com...
> >>
> >> Alan, you need to give more information. What OS/service pack? Which
> >> update, (KB)?
> >> --
> >>

> >> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
> >> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
> >>

> .

Johnsheff

Re: Error OX 80090008
Alan,

Can you try searching your C: drive for the following file rsaenh.dll

Post back the date and sizes of whatever versions exist on your c: drive

"Ǝиçεl" wrote:

> Alan, You are not going to get substantial help here unless you fully
> answers the questions asked.
> -=-
>
> "Alan" wrote:
>
> > Sorry that I can't give anymore information.
> > > >

> > > Alan, you need to give more information. What OS/service pack? Which
> > > update, (KB)?

Alan

Re: Error OX 80090008
I have tried all of the advise and its still not working. I have also noticed
that Windows Defender will not update and the same error code is coming
up..OX80090008.
Anyone got any other idea's?

"Johnsheff" wrote:

> Alan,
>
> Can you try searching your C: drive for the following file rsaenh.dll
>
> Post back the date and sizes of whatever versions exist on your c: drive
>
> "Ǝиçεl" wrote:
>

> > Alan, You are not going to get substantial help here unless you fully
> > answers the questions asked.
> > -=-
> >
> > "Alan" wrote:
> >
> > > Sorry that I can't give anymore information.

Johnsheff

Re: Error OX 80090008