toolbar blacked out

james

toolbar blacked out
Hi
My computer did an automatic update today. Now my toolbar at the top of the
screen is black. I can see my original toolbar underneath it, it sorta
sticks out the sides. I have no idea what the update was, I do not know
where to look to see what it was. How do I get rid of this black toolbar
--
Thanks
James
Shenan Stanley

Re: toolbar blacked out
james wrote:
> My computer did an automatic update today. Now my toolbar at the
> top of the screen is black. I can see my original toolbar
> underneath it, it sorta sticks out the sides. I have no idea what
> the update was, I do not know where to look to see what it was.
> How do I get rid of this black toolbar

Start by giving some information about your system. Please be specific.

You can obtain and supply the edition and version information:

Start button --> RUN
(no "RUN"? Press the "Windows Key" + R on your keyboard)
--> type in:
winver
--> Click OK.

The picture at the top of the window that opens will give you the general
(Operating System name and edition) while the line starting with the word
"version" will give you the rest of the story. Post _both_ in response
to this message verbatim. No paraphrasing - instead - ensure
character-for-character copying.

What version of Internet Explorer are you currently using? Easy to find
out. Open Internet Explorer and while that is in-focus, press and hold
the "ALT" key on your keyboard. With the "ALT" key still pressed, press
(just once, no holding) the "H" key. Now, with the "ALT" key still
pressed, press (just once, no holding) the "A" key. That will bring up
the "About Internet Explorer" window. It will give you the exact version
you are using - repeat what you see there in response to this message.

How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or
64-bit version of the Windows operating system
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218

What was the toolbar you speak of?

Is it something on the screen at all times or part of Internet Explorer?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Re: toolbar blacked out
What toolbar?

james wrote:
> Hi
> My computer did an automatic update today. Now my toolbar at the top of
> the
> screen is black. I can see my original toolbar underneath it, it sorta
> sticks out the sides. I have no idea what the update was, I do not know
> where to look to see what it was. How do I get rid of this black toolbar

Opinicus

Re: toolbar blacked out
On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 21:02:01 -0800, james
<james@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> My computer did an automatic update today. Now my toolbar at the top of the
> screen is black. I can see my original toolbar underneath it, it sorta
> sticks out the sides. I have no idea what the update was, I do not know
> where to look to see what it was. How do I get rid of this black toolbar

Do you mean like this one:
http://www.kanyak.com/stash/ie8.blac...2009.07.29.jpg
?

--