Cannot install vista home premium service pack 1 32bit

jewjewrock

Cannot install vista home premium service pack 1 32bit
I continually get the same error code and have follwed every help file
provided by microsoft for this. i checked the version i had, the prereqs
updates and they are there. this is a laptop toshiba vista home premium
without the beta version listed. i need help to installthis. i do not have
norton as some do on here. i have mcafee security center. i have tried
windows update and it starts to install then stops 1/3 of the way and says
unknown error occured. i have removed the items windows said to remove and
followed every help file step. what about standalone?
Shenan Stanley

Re: Cannot install vista home premium service pack 1 32bit
jewjewrock wrote
> I continually get the same error code and have follwed every help file
> provided by microsoft for this. i checked the version i had, the prereqs
> updates and they are there. this is a laptop toshiba vista home premium
> without the beta version listed. i need help to installthis. i do not have
> norton as some do on here. i have mcafee security center. i have tried
> windows update and it starts to install then stops 1/3 of the way and says
> unknown error occured. i have removed the items windows said to remove and
> followed every help file step. what about standalone?

Can you install SP2?

What AntiVirus software do you have installed?
What Firewall are you using?
Can you uninstall both for now?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Re: Cannot install vista home premium service pack 1 32bit
What error code?

Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 was available
at no charge from April 2008 through 30 June 2009. Such support now will
cost you $59 USD (or more) per incident.

Try this McAfee three-step fix:
http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507

Vista SP1 Installation Tips:

• Your computer will restart several times during the installation process:
Make certain you've saved your work and closed all open applications before
beginning the install.

• Disable (1) your anti-virus application, (2) any real-time system
protections afforded by any anti-spyware applications (except Defender), &
(3) your third-party firewall (if any) and then (4) enable the Windows
Firewall _before installing or uninstalling_ Vista SP1.

• If you're installing SP1 on a portable computer, make sure that you
plug-in the power cord and have the battery inserted into its bay.

• The installation process can take several hours to complete, depending on
server demand, so be very, very patient.

• Vista SP1 is a prerequisite for installing SP2. If you use Windows Update
or the Automatic Update feature in Windows Vista, you will not be offered
the option to install SP2 until you first install SP1.
www.banthecheck.com

Shenan Stanley wrote:
> Can you install SP2?
>
> What AntiVirus software do you have installed?
> What Firewall are you using?
> Can you uninstall both for now?

Sorry - momemtary lapse in communications skills there with the SP2 thing.
What I was going to put is why are you just at SP1 when SP2 has been out so
long? Clean install for some reason?

Anyway ...
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ice-Pack-1-SP1

Followed by ...
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ice-Pack-2-SP2

Still would say uninstalling your third party firewalls (if any) and
antivirus for now might help.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP