Code 57e

margret javefors

Code 57e
Last 10 updates could not be installed
due to this fail message code 57e.
I have windows vista. How do I repair
this problem?

Margret Javefors

Linden wrote:

Error Code 57E
03-May-09

You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

On Monday, June 02, 2008 7:36 PM
drumro wrote:

windows vista error code 57E
hi,
I have had problems installing updates downloaded automatically. Any time I
tried installing them, at the end of the process is always installation
failed with error code 57E. It will prompt me to get help from microsoft but
cannot find any. Everytime I tried I get more confused about the issue than I
started with. Can someone pls help me.

On Monday, June 02, 2008 7:54 PM
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

Windows version? What updates were you attempting to install?
Windows version? What updates were you attempting to install?

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838687 (ignore the title and Symptoms)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

drumro2 wrote:

On Wednesday, June 18, 2008 9:17 PM
J wrote:

I have Windows Vista and just installed Office 2003 on my laptop and on a Mac
I have Windows Vista and just installed Office 2003 on my laptop and on a Mac
with Vista. I installed SP 3 on the Mac with Vista, but the Dell E1505 with
Vista won't instll the SP and gives me the same error code 57e with no
explanation.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

On Wednesday, June 18, 2008 9:46 PM
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

Re: windows vista error code 57E
Did you look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838687 ??

If you need further assistance, please begin a new thread about /your/
problem.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Je wrote:

On Wednesday, June 18, 2008 10:35 PM
J wrote:

I am going to bed now, and will look at this tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.
I am going to bed now, and will look at this tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.
It is a clean installation of the laptop after a total crash. I had trouble
installing Office 2003 and Access 2003 and had service reps from Microsoft
*on the phone* with me who told me not to worry about the 4 error codes to
the registry during installation. I will start a new thread after I try the
things in the support file.

Thanks!

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

On Thursday, September 04, 2008 10:50 AM
puzzledpet wrote:

RE: windows vista error code 57E
"drumro2" wrote:

On Sunday, May 03, 2009 1:31 AM
Linden wrote:

Error Code 57E
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

On Tuesday, June 23, 2009 6:02 PM
Annie Derksen wrote:

57E
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

On Tuesday, June 23, 2009 6:03 PM
Annie Derksen wrote:

57E
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

On Thursday, July 30, 2009 5:14 AM
kamal wrote:

windows vista error code 57e
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

On Wednesday, November 11, 2009 12:15 PM
CHARLES BAFFOE wrote:

Error in updating, Code57E and Code490
Anytime l try update my windows vista basic PC l get this error code, so l need help of how to solve this problem. Thanx.

AJAX, Remote Scripting.Net, Callbacks
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...riptingne.aspx
Shenan Stanley

Re: Code 57e
<snipped>
Please start your own conversation - especially instead of replying to a
conversation started and ended over a year and a half ago. ;-)
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...c8f93449bd8be/

margret javefors wrote:
> Last 10 updates could not be installed
> due to this fail message code 57e.
> I have windows vista. How do I repair
> this problem?

What have you tried?
Can you be more specific about what you have?

So - let's *attempt* to help you help yourself here. If you actually want
to fix *your* issue - I suggest you follow the attached directions
and reply back appropriately with any/all requested information. It should
get you fixed up and/or at least on the right path.

Right-click on the "Computer" icon and chosen "Properties" from the
menu that appears. When the new window appears - ensure you are
under the "General" tab. Is there *anything* in there to indicate you
have a 64-bit version of Windows Vista? Reply to this and let us all
know.

Next we will get the edition and version information...

Start button --> RUN
(no "RUN"? Press the "Windows Key" + R on your keyboard)
--> type in:
winver
--> Click OK.

The picture at the top of the window that opens will give you the general
(Operating System name and edition) while the line starting with the word
"version" will give you the rest of the story. Post _both_ in response
to this message verbatim. No paraphrasing - instead - ensure
character-for-character copying. Be sure to reply with *BOTH* things.

What version of Internet Explorer are you currently using? Easy to find
out. Open Internet Explorer and while that is in-focus, press and hold
the "ALT" key on your keyboard. With the "ALT" key still pressed, press
(just once, no holding) the "H" key. Now, with the "ALT" key still
pressed, press (just once, no holding) the "A" key. That will bring up
the "About Internet Explorer" window. It will give you the exact version
you are using - repeat what you see there in response to this message.

What antivirus solution do you have installed? Exact version, please.

Now that we actually have some information about your computer -
some preliminary cleanup should happen...

Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan with the following
(freeware version):

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan with the following
(freeware version):

MalwareBytes
http://www.malwarebytes.com/

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

Download and run the MSRT manually:

You may find nothing, you may find only cookies, you may think it is a
waste of time - but if you do all this and report back here with what you
do/don't find as you are doing all of it - you are adding more pieces to
the puzzle and the entire picture just may become clearer and your
problem resolved.

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

If you have 32-bit Windows Vista - visit this web page:
(If you did not have 64-bit above, you have 32-bit.)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

.... and click on the "Microsoft Fix it" icon. When asked, select "RUN",
both times. Check the "I agree" box and click on "Next". Check the box
for "Run aggressive options (not recommended)" and click "Next". Let
it finish up and follow the prompts until it is done. Close/exit and
reboot when it is.

If you do have 64-bit Windows Vista - download and run this:
(If you did have 64-bit above.)

System Update Readiness Tool for x64-based Systems
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...f-0feefc7ff064

Uninstall any and all third-party firewall applications (ZoneAlarm, etc)
and utilize the built-in Windows Firewall only.

Reboot!

Try getting updates again.

Come back and report any error you see in the UPDATES area when
you try to update - if any now. May be a 'number' of sorts - but it is a
vital component in order to continue helping you.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP