Windows update site not working

Nancy

Windows update site not working
On one computer I get the error:
The instruction at "0x06e80068" referenced memory at "0x06380068". The
memory could not be "written".

On the other computer I get the error:
403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.

I have checked the troubleshooting for Windows update and didn't find any
reference to these problems.

Has anyone experienced these problems before and have solutions?
--
Nancy
Network Analyst II
Viola

RE: Windows update site not working

"Nancy" wrote:

> On one computer I get the error:
> The instruction at "0x06e80068" referenced memory at "0x06380068". The
> memory could not be "written".
>
> On the other computer I get the error:
> 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
>
> I have checked the troubleshooting for Windows update and didn't find any
> reference to these problems.
>
> Has anyone experienced these problems before and have solutions?
> --
> Nancy
> Network Analyst II

I'm getting the same error "403 - Forbidden: Access is denied error You do
not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that
you supplied." I have never received this code before and I have not changed
anything on my computer. Microsoft needs to let people know that there is a
problem with the update service area. I hope they fix it soon.

Viola
Gail

RE: Windows update site not working
I too have been getting the 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied - message all
day. This is a serious problem for me as it means I cannot finish building
the laptops I ghost today or update any of our users machines that require it.

Hello Microsoft??? Are you seeing this? Can we get this fixed please?
Shenan Stanley

Viola wrote:
> I'm getting the same error "403 - Forbidden: Access is denied error
> credentials that you supplied." I have never received this code
> before and I have not changed anything on my computer. Microsoft
> needs to let people know that there is a problem with the update
> service area. I hope they fix it soon.

Except not everyone (none of my machines anyway) are having the issue you
are reporting. ;-) Why would Microsoft let anyone know there is a problem
when there isn't one?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

DragonFire

"Gail" wrote:

> I too have been getting the 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied - message all
> day. This is a serious problem for me as it means I cannot finish building
> the laptops I ghost today or update any of our users machines that require it.
>
> Hello Microsoft??? Are you seeing this? Can we get this fixed please?

Luchnia

RE: Windows update site not working
Our company is experiencing this issue as well. We even tested our systems in
other eastern states and we get the same error.

"DragonFire" wrote:

> "Gail" wrote:
>
> > I too have been getting the 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied - message all
> > day. This is a serious problem for me as it means I cannot finish building
> > the laptops I ghost today or update any of our users machines that require it.
> >
> > Hello Microsoft??? Are you seeing this? Can we get this fixed please?

DTOG

RE: Windows update site not working
I am getting the same error trying to use microsoft update - started today.

"Nancy" wrote:

> On the other computer I get the error:
> 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
>
> I have checked the troubleshooting for Windows update and didn't find any
> reference to these problems.
>
> Has anyone experienced these problems before and have solutions?
> --
> Nancy
> Network Analyst II

Ian M

RE: Windows update site not working
Have had this problem, reinstalled I8, all now OK
--
Ian M

"Nancy" wrote:

> On one computer I get the error:
> The instruction at "0x06e80068" referenced memory at "0x06380068". The
> memory could not be "written".
>
> On the other computer I get the error:
> 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
>
> I have checked the troubleshooting for Windows update and didn't find any
> reference to these problems.
>
> Has anyone experienced these problems before and have solutions?
> --
> Nancy
> Network Analyst II

ehlingerm

Re: Windows update site not working
I have 25 of 25 computers seeing this same error: "403 - Forbidden: Access is
denied error"

ehlingerm wrote:
> I have 25 of 25 computers seeing this same error: "403 - Forbidden:
> Access is denied error"

Oh, there is an issue. Windows Update Agent update might fix it - otherwise
a DNS issue.

But a Google search should bring that up.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP