Windows Update for XP Pro 64bit

jmsvbit

Windows Update for XP Pro 64bit
I can't get updates from Microsoft for my 64bit XP. Even though I am logged
on to
the computer as administrator, the site says I have to be logged on as
administrator. I have checked user accounts on the machine, and tried
right-clicking on Microsoft Update, run as administrator. It still won't
update! Anyone have an idea on how to fix this?
--
jmsvbit
Peter Foldes

Re: Windows Update for XP Pro 64bit
Do you have SP3 installed . Maybe because of that reason

--
Peter

"jmsvbit" <jmsvbit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can't get updates from Microsoft for my 64bit XP. Even though I am logged
> on to
> the computer as administrator, the site says I have to be logged on as
> administrator. I have checked user accounts on the machine, and tried
> right-clicking on Microsoft Update, run as administrator. It still won't
> update! Anyone have an idea on how to fix this?
> --
> jmsvbit

Re: Windows Update for XP Pro 64bit
Is WinXP 64-bit SP2 installed?

Is Automatic Updates enabled?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
it)?
www.banthecheck.com

jmsvbit wrote:
> I can't get updates from Microsoft for my 64bit XP. Even though I am
> logged
> on to
> the computer as administrator, the site says I have to be logged on as
> administrator. I have checked user accounts on the machine, and tried
> right-clicking on Microsoft Update, run as administrator. It still won't
> update! Anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

Shenan Stanley

Peter Foldes wrote:
> Do you have SP3 installed . Maybe because of that reason

Windows XP Professional x64 and Service Pack 3?

When did that happen? *grin*

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP