Windows Update does not start

Endrit

Windows Update does not start
Every time I click on "check for updates" it does not start at all.
It says "windows cannot currently check for updates because the
service is not running. You may need to restart your computer."
I restart my computer and same thing happens again and again.
I have a windows 7 and I dont know what servise pack it is
Shenan Stanley

Re: Windows Update does not start
Endrit wrote:
> Every time I click on "check for updates" it does not start at all.
> It says "windows cannot currently check for updates because the
> service is not running. You may need to restart your computer."
> I restart my computer and same thing happens again and again.
> I have a windows 7 and I dont know what servise pack it is

Please stick with your original thread.
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...e61bdc7abc5c7/
There is no reason to start a new conversation when answering questions
presented to you.

Windows 7 does not have any service packs yet.

- Did this Windows 7 come pre-installed on a new computer? If so, have you
contacted those you purchased the computer from for assistance?

- Did you install Windows 7 yourself? If so, can you give some detail?
Windows 7 what? This is not a Release Candidate, is it? How did you
install it? Did you upgrade a prior OS on a computer?

- What antivirus software do you run?

- What antispyware software do you utilize?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Shenan Stanley wrote:
> Endrit wrote:
>> Every time I click on "check for updates" it does not start at all.
>> It says "windows cannot currently check for updates because the
>> service is not running. You may need to restart your computer."
>> I restart my computer and same thing happens again and again.
>> I have a windows 7 and I dont know what servise pack it is

> Please stick with your original thread.
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...e61bdc7abc5c7/
> There is no reason to start a new conversation when answering questions
> presented to you.
>
> Windows 7 does not have any service packs yet.
>
> - Did this Windows 7 come pre-installed on a new computer? If so, have
> you
> contacted those you purchased the computer from for assistance?
>
> - Did you install Windows 7 yourself? If so, can you give some detail?
> Windows 7 what? This is not a Release Candidate, is it? How did you
> install it? Did you upgrade a prior OS on a computer?
>
> - What antivirus software do you run?
>
> - What antispyware software do you utilize?

And did you upgrade to Win7 and was Windows Update working before you
upgraded?

Endrit

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Shenan Stanley wrote:
> > Endrit wrote:
> >> Every time I click on "check for updates" it does not start at all.
> >> It says "windows cannot currently check for updates because the
> >> service is not running. You may need to restart your computer."
> >> I restart my computer and same thing happens again and again.
> >> I have a windows 7 and I dont know what servise pack it is

> > Please stick with your original thread.
> > http://groups.google.com/group/micro...e61bdc7abc5c7/
> > There is no reason to start a new conversation when answering questions
> > presented to you.
> >
> > Windows 7 does not have any service packs yet.
> >
> > - Did this Windows 7 come pre-installed on a new computer? If so, have
> > you
> > contacted those you purchased the computer from for assistance?
> >
> > - Did you install Windows 7 yourself? If so, can you give some detail?
> > Windows 7 what? This is not a Release Candidate, is it? How did you
> > install it? Did you upgrade a prior OS on a computer?
> >
> > - What antivirus software do you run?
> >
> > - What antispyware software do you utilize?

> And did you upgrade to Win7 and was Windows Update working before you
> upgraded?
>
> My OS is windows 7 professional. I did not upgrade from any OS. I made a complete clean installation, it was vista, I formated the drive completely and installed windows 7 professional by myself. The windows 7 update was working fine. everything on the new system was working just fine. I tried to run system restore as well and it doesnt work, neither from when booting up. I repeatedly press f11 to run system restore and it wont run. I ran the update troobleshooter as well and it cant find any problem.

I use only AVG free edition as an antivirus program. I ran a full scan
several times and it doesnt find anything.

Rrahl

"Endrit" wrote:

> Every time I click on "check for updates" it does not start at all.
> It says "windows cannot currently check for updates because the
> service is not running. You may need to restart your computer."
> I restart my computer and same thing happens again and again.
> I have a windows 7 and I dont know what servise pack it is

i am having the same problem with my windows update but i am using Vista

Rrahl wrote:
> i am having the same problem with my windows update but i am using
> Vista

Then it is not the same problem. ;-)

Please start your own conversation and put in the details of *your* problem.
You may believe you have - but at this point there are many missing details
you could/likely should provide.

For example - "Windows Vista" - too vague. Which edition of Windows Vista?
What service pack is your Windows Vista currently patched to? Is your
Windows Vista 32-bit or 64-bit?

Some - if not all of those could be relevant in providing you accurate and
pinpointed assistance.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP