SQL server update AGAIN & STILL

renski is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SQL server update AGAIN & STILL
HI all,

I know this question was posted 100 of times, but I still have troubles with updating security update
for SQL server 2005 SP3 (KB970892).
I have read all those threads, I've tried everything but still won't update. My hotkey resume was set to 0 already, I have tried to go to programs and install update press SQL Server 2005 change , I have tried to install it from my local folder, but when I do so it won't find any sql.msi, there's only sql.msp which won't find through running Server 2005 change, it only asks for msi, so there's always my server 2005 change installation stops. I have tried to download patch directly from Microsoft website
, unpacked to the Server 2005 folder and run it, didn't help either. My head spins, I am desperate, I have no idea what else to do. Can please someone help me. The only thing I haven't tried is to completely uninstall it, but I am afraid to do it, not sure what might that cause in my pc
. I am running Vista home 32, all other updates work fine. I have sony vaio VGN-FE41M. Any help I would appreciate. I have wrote to microsoft help line too about 1 week ago, but I still didn't get any reply from them. I dunno, I am getting really angry. They should know about it and do something. There's 1000 of ppl having same problem as me.
TaurArian

Re: SQL server update AGAIN & STILL
renski wrote:
:: HI all,
::
[...]
:: --
:: renski
:: Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com

Perhaps try this NG -
SQL Server Setup & Upgrade
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/for...grade/threads/
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2010 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

Fedup

RE: SQL server update AGAIN & STILL

I have also tried about ten times to install Security Update for SQL
Server 2005
Service pack 3....been trying since the middle of October. I have tried
letting Microsoft automatically install and I have tried to do it myself.

What is this for anyway?....I can't find any SQL Server 2005 service pack 3
on my computer only the service pack 2...so why does it need a security
update if its not even there?

I am old and confused and frustrated with Microsoft...I can't find any body
on their website to help me. AND...if it is a security thing.......how come
our computers are unprotected because of Microsoft.... Would be grateful if
anyone has any answers...thanks