Re: Error No.:0x80070424 Unable to download from site

Anand

Re: Error No.:0x80070424 Unable to download from site
Hello Patti,

I came across this post of yours and your solution seems to have helped many
people. I'm hoping you can help me out.

I am running Vista Home Premium 64 bit on an HP Pavilion dv6 laptop and
around September this year it stopped being able to Update. The error I get
is "Code 80070424 Windows Update Encountered an unknown error".

I tried the solution you mentioned below, but I could not find the
DeleteFlag value.

I have also tried all the following fixes but nothing has worked :

- Regsvr32 wuaueng.
- Renaming the folder catroot2 and deleting the SofwareDistribution folder
in system32.
- Looking through the BITS settings and enabling everything.
- typing in the following commands in Run :

regsvr32 wuapi.dll
regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
regsvr32 wucltux.dll
regsvr32 wups2.dll
regsvr32 wups.dll
regsvr32 wuwebv.dll

- Restarting the following:

net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start Eventlog
exit

- I also tried typing Regsvr32 QMGR.DLL in Run but the systems responds by
asking me to check if QMGR.DLL is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again.

I would really appreciate it if you could suggest a solution.

Thanks so much in advance!

Anand

-------
"Patti MacLeod" wrote:

> Hi Sheila,
>
> Give this a try and see if it solves the problem..............
>
> Go to Start>Run and key in:
> regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
> Click on OK or hit ENTER, wait a few seconds, then click on OK in the
> RegSvr32 dialogue box.
> Now, open the registry editor (Start>Run key in regedit then click on OK or
> hit ENTER)
> Navigate to:
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\wuauserv
> Look for a DeleteFlag value and, if it exists, right-click on it and select
> Delete.
>

> Now see if if you can successfully update.
> If not, then:
>
> Go to Start>Run and key in:
> net stop wuauserv
> Then click on OK or hit ENTER
> When the Automatic Updates service has stopped, use My Computer or Windows
> Explorer to navigate to the C:\Windows or C:\WINNT (if C:\Windows does not
> exist) folder. Rename the SoftwareDistribution folder to SDOLD
> Go to Start>Run and key in:
> net start wuauserv
> Then click on OK or hit ENTER
>
> Now try the Windows Update site and see if the error has been resolved.
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Patti MacLeod
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
>
> "Sheila" <Sheila@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am unable to download any updates from the website : - Displays the
> > following :
> > The website has encounted a problem and cannot display the page you are
> > trying to view - Error No. 0x80070424
> > Also unable to switch on Automatic Updates.

Enzo70

Re: Error No.:0x80070424 Unable to download from site
Thanks everybody, i'm experiencing the same problem on an HP a6763it. All
the suggested solutions doesn't work.
Everybody having an idea is wellcome.

Thanks in advance

Enzo