windowsupdate.microsoft.com

haroldo56

windowsupdate.microsoft.com
I hope you are having a good day and I hope you can help me with my problem.
I have been trying to do a windows update. I have tried to access;
windowsupdate.microsoft.com site to get available updates and check for
updates and I get the following message when using firefox:

The connection has timed out

The server at windowsupdate.microsoft.com is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in
a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy,
make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

And I get the following message when using windows internet explorer:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
• You are not connected to the Internet.
• The website is encountering problems.
• There might be a typing error in the address.
What you can try:

Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

And I get the same results when trying other similar pages from my search on
google of “Microsoft Updates”

Thanks for your time

Re: windowsupdate.microsoft.com
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista 64-bit SP2;
Win7 RC; Win7 RTM) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in
your next reply.

There is a very good chance that you are seeing the effects of a hijackware
infection!

Microsoft PCSafety provides home users (only) with no-charge support in
dealing with malware infections such as viruses, spyware (including unwanted
software), and adware.
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...prid=7552&st=1

Otherwise...

2a. WinXP => Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan (only!)
in Safe Mode with Networking, if need be:

2b. Vista or Win7=> Run this scan instead:
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/whatsnew.htm

3. Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting requested logs
in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware:
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075

http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

**Chances are you will need to seek expert assistance in
http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php,
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 or other appropriate forums.**

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.