Windows Update error code 64c

Shelby

Windows Update error code 64c
Has anyone had this error when trying to install the updates from Tuesday
October 13, 2009?

running: Windows Vista Business Service Pack 2

When trying to install the following update the update fails with an error
code 64c (windows says this is an unknown error):

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows
2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows
Server 2008 R2 (KB953297)

Download size: 13.5 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated
remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can
help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you
install this update, you may have to restart your system.

More information:

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

--
Shelby
richard

RE: Windows Update error code 64c
I've had the same problem with Vista Home Premium. No resolution yet.

"Shelby" wrote:

> Has anyone had this error when trying to install the updates from Tuesday
> October 13, 2009?
>
> running: Windows Vista Business Service Pack 2
>
> When trying to install the following update the update fails with an error
> code 64c (windows says this is an unknown error):
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows
> 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows
> Server 2008 R2 (KB953297)
>
> Download size: 13.5 MB
>
> You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.
>
> Update type: Important
>
> A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated
> remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can
> help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you
> install this update, you may have to restart your system.
>
> More information:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=127769
>
> Help and Support:
> http://support.microsoft.com
>
> --
> Shelby

stev1bp

RE: Windows Update error code 64c
I am also having the same problem with vista home premium.

"Shelby" wrote:

> Has anyone had this error when trying to install the updates from Tuesday
> October 13, 2009?
>
> running: Windows Vista Business Service Pack 2
>
> When trying to install the following update the update fails with an error
> code 64c (windows says this is an unknown error):
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows
> 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows
> Server 2008 R2 (KB953297)
>
> Download size: 13.5 MB
>
> You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.
>
> Update type: Important
>
> A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated
> remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can
> help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you
> install this update, you may have to restart your system.
>
> More information:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=127769
>
> Help and Support:
> http://support.microsoft.com
>
> --
> Shelby

mikej

RE: Windows Update error code 64c
I have the same problem with Vista Business. Would really like to get it
fixed!
PJ

RE: Windows Update error code 64c
Same issues here.....Vista Home Premium.

"Shelby" wrote:

> Has anyone had this error when trying to install the updates from Tuesday
> October 13, 2009?
>
> running: Windows Vista Business Service Pack 2
>
> When trying to install the following update the update fails with an error
> code 64c (windows says this is an unknown error):
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows
> 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows
> Server 2008 R2 (KB953297)
>
> Download size: 13.5 MB
>
> You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.
>
> Update type: Important
>
> A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated
> remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can
> help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you
> install this update, you may have to restart your system.
>
> More information:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=127769
>
> Help and Support:
> http://support.microsoft.com
>
> --
> Shelby

TimF4

RE: Windows Update error code 64c
Same problem with Windows Ultiumate (32 Bit)

"Shelby" wrote:

> Has anyone had this error when trying to install the updates from Tuesday
> October 13, 2009?
>
> running: Windows Vista Business Service Pack 2
>
> When trying to install the following update the update fails with an error
> code 64c (windows says this is an unknown error):
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows
> 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows
> Server 2008 R2 (KB953297)
>
> Download size: 13.5 MB
>
> You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.
>
> Update type: Important
>
> A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated
> remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can
> help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you
> install this update, you may have to restart your system.
>
> More information:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=127769
>
> Help and Support:
> http://support.microsoft.com
>
> --
> Shelby

Doug

RE: Windows Update error code 64c
Same problem here with Vista Business.

"Shelby" wrote:

> Has anyone had this error when trying to install the updates from Tuesday
> October 13, 2009?
>
> running: Windows Vista Business Service Pack 2
>
> When trying to install the following update the update fails with an error
> code 64c (windows says this is an unknown error):
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows
> 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows
> Server 2008 R2 (KB953297)
>
> Download size: 13.5 MB
>
> You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.
>
> Update type: Important
>
> A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated
> remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can
> help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you
> install this update, you may have to restart your system.
>
> More information:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=127769
>
> Help and Support:
> http://support.microsoft.com
>
> --
> Shelby

cracky

RE: Windows Update error code 64c
Have also this error since then, OS: Server 2008 R1

"Shelby" wrote:

> Has anyone had this error when trying to install the updates from Tuesday
> October 13, 2009?
>
> running: Windows Vista Business Service Pack 2
>
> When trying to install the following update the update fails with an error
> code 64c (windows says this is an unknown error):
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows
> 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows
> Server 2008 R2 (KB953297)
>
> Download size: 13.5 MB
>
> You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.
>
> Update type: Important
>
> A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated
> remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can
> help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you
> install this update, you may have to restart your system.
>
> More information:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=127769
>
> Help and Support:
> http://support.microsoft.com
>
> --
> Shelby

Bernice

RE: Windows Update error code 64c
Yest I have been having this same problem...with so many of us suffering this
MS glitch, why can't MICROSOFT give us the freaking solution?

"Shelby" wrote:

> Has anyone had this error when trying to install the updates from Tuesday
> October 13, 2009?
>
> running: Windows Vista Business Service Pack 2
>
> When trying to install the following update the update fails with an error
> code 64c (windows says this is an unknown error):
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows
> 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows
> Server 2008 R2 (KB953297)
>
> Download size: 13.5 MB
>
> You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.
>
> Update type: Important
>
> A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated
> remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can
> help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you
> install this update, you may have to restart your system.
>
> More information:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=127769
>
> Help and Support:
> http://support.microsoft.com
>
> --
> Shelby

Harry Johnston [MVP]

On 2010-01-16 2:10 p.m., Bernice wrote:

> Yest I have been having this same problem...with so many of us suffering this
> MS glitch, why can't MICROSOFT give us the freaking solution?

Have you asked them to?

Try here:

<https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=11273&gprid=522131>

https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...3&gprid=522131

Support for security updates is free of charge for home users.

Harry.

--
"I wish that, just once, some terrorist would try something that you can only
foil by upgrading the passengers to first class and giving them free drinks."