Windows vista SP1 update keeps on rebooting

murlon123

Windows vista SP1 update keeps on rebooting
Hi,

I have upgraded my home premium to Ultimate and updated all windows update.

The i have tried vista SP1 , when its installing the stage 3 it was keep on
rebooting.

I have tried to start in all the modes ...but it still doing the
installation and restarting.

When i checked with my recovery disc, windows not showing any restore point.

I dont want to loose any data in the laptop ...So i didnt recover my laptop
to its original state.

Then i tried to do the things in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949358

I put my vista upgrade DVD and tried to do the 3rd step from the above
link.coz i dont have any system restore points..I hope When i did the upgrade
from home premium to ultimate , all the system restore points are gone

when i do On the System Recovery Options page, click Command Prompt.

My system shows x:\sources

I did the
ren %windir%\winsxs\pending.xml pending.old

But it tells system cant find the file specified. I dont have any restore
points and how can i logon to Vista.

Pl let me know...I am worried and i dont want to use my laptop recovery disc
and it will erase all the data..No virus and malwares,spywares on my system

Thanks

Re: Windows vista SP1 update keeps on rebooting
Please stop multi-posting about this problem in this newsgroup and
elsewhere. Just stick to one (1) thread, preferably this one as it's one of
the few that you've actually started:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...7-73a816c73f65