Error Code 8000FFFF

josh

Error Code 8000FFFF
I have 17 updates I can't install now due to this error.

I was discussing this issue via email with customer support but it has now
been 3 weeks since my last reply. These are the following suggestions that
I've tried and the reasons they can't be performed or fail to correct the
sitation:

Breakdown of attempted suggestions:
Delete registry components (components suggested do not exist on my computer)
Download the "fix it" tool (link provided by contact is dead - does not exist)
DVD in-place upgrade (option is grayed out)
KB article "fix it" tool (no link on page directed to)
Renamed Windows Update Software distribution folder (still receiving error
regardless)

I need help I have not been able to update my computer for over a month now.
MowGreen

Re: Error Code 8000FFFF
Is this Vista SP1/SP2 or Windows 7 ?
There's a possibly that there is an issue with an incomplete
installation of the Windows Update Agent and/or there's
missing/mismatched/corrupted data in the registry that is pointing to
WinSxS.
Try running the System Update Readiness Tool [CheckSUR] as the logs it
produces will usually indicate where the error is occurring:

> When the System Update Readiness Tool detects incorrect manifests, files, or registry data, it might
> replace the incorrect data with a corrected version

Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for
Windows Server 2008, for Windows Server 2008 R2 Release Candidate, and
for Windows 7 Release Candidate
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

Make sure that you download the release that is specifically intended
for the type of OS your system is running.
EX: if this is Vista 32 bit, click the x86 link
if this is Vista 64 bit, click the x64 link

NOTE: **The download can be as large as 90MB**
Once it completes close *all* open programs and browsers and then run
the tool [CheckSUR].
The logs it creates are located at:

WINDOWS\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log <--- this log
WINDOWS\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log <--- that log

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

josh wrote:

> I have 17 updates I can't install now due to this error.
>
> I was discussing this issue via email with customer support but it has now
> been 3 weeks since my last reply. These are the following suggestions that
> I've tried and the reasons they can't be performed or fail to correct the
> sitation:
>
> Breakdown of attempted suggestions:
> Delete registry components (components suggested do not exist on my computer)
> Download the "fix it" tool (link provided by contact is dead - does not exist)
> DVD in-place upgrade (option is grayed out)
> KB article "fix it" tool (no link on page directed to)
> Renamed Windows Update Software distribution folder (still receiving error
> regardless)
>

> I need help I have not been able to update my computer for over a month now.

Re: Error Code 8000FFFF
Please see this page http://members.shaw.ca/dts-l/goodpost.htm then post
back to this thread with the information we'd need to be able to assist you
properly.