mustek a3 ep drivers

natorgway

mustek a3 ep drivers
I am trying to get the above scanner to work. I am not an expert but I am
not an idiot either, I have had many problems with geting old hardware to
work with new drivers, but this takes the biscuit. I have tried over and over
to follow the instructons given to load the drivers for this scanner but t no
avail.
I particularly am confused by this win xp logo thing. Is the web driver (xp
logo) about signed drivers and in this case is that the same as the
"fixwinxp" driver that i have downloaded and installed for the mustek A3 ep
scanner.
I have tried all that but still get an error message that the driver is not
digitally signed. I have got nowhere with mustek.
The scanner is not installed and doesnt show up in the scanners and cameras.
I havehad this scanner workng in the past but have not come across this xp
logo thing which seems to be stopping the scanner from operating. Although
hard to tell there were 4 instances of unknown software in imaging devices
which I always presumed to be the drivers for the scanner in the past, with
yellow exclamations against them but that didnt stop it from working before.
The followng is what I am told to download but it doesnt say were from.
I was beginning to think that the drivers were updated through windowsupdate
but that isnt so either.

Windows XP Logo Installation Instructions (Web driver)

Download the following files: a. Scanner¡G XPDriver.exe, Web.exe ~ Web.w0x.
and UP_LIB.exe ~ UP_LIB.w0x. ( Both the " Twain Driver and Panel" and
"Generic Scanning Module" )

I have gone round in circles for hours now and am sick of installing and un
installing these drivers and because the scanner has to be disconnected each
time I am sick of that too as it is a parrallel port scanner with 2 scew up
connections.
Please put me out of my misery before I top myself
Edward
TaurArian

Re: mustek a3 ep drivers
natorgway wrote:
[...]
::
:: Windows XP Logo Installation Instructions (Web driver)
::
:: Download the following files: a. Scanner¡G XPDriver.exe, Web.exe ~
:: Web.w0x. and UP_LIB.exe ~ UP_LIB.w0x. ( Both the " Twain Driver and
:: Panel" and "Generic Scanning Module" )
::
:: I have gone round in circles for hours now and am sick of installing
:: and un installing these drivers and because the scanner has to be
:: disconnected each time I am sick of that too as it is a parrallel
:: port scanner with 2 scew up connections.
:: Please put me out of my misery before I top myself
:: Edward

Try the manufacturer's site of google them.

One hit I got :
http://www.mustek.com.tw/Download/dr...l/english.html
http://www.mustek.com.tw/Download/dr...rope/a3ep.html

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2010 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org