Re: cannot download and install Security Update for Flash Player(KB923

tboltfrank

Re: cannot download and install Security Update for Flash Player(KB923

Same thing was happening to me. -- In my case the I download the flash
player (download manager link [they don't describe it as that, but
that's what it is, it's not a stand alone installer]) from the adobe
site http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ . It is both an adobe flash
player download manager, and a flash browser plugin installer. --
Beware, as there is a check box that is automatically checked, that will
run a Free McAfee Security Scan, so be sure to uncheck that, unless you
want it. After I downloaded this originally, and ran it, *I got a
message saying that the _plugin_ was successfully installed*. I then was
under the misconception that the player itself had been updated.

I then tried to run the stand alone win security update, the link given
in post #2 by member Shenan Stanley
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923789, but got a message describing
that the update is not for my version. - After trying the installer a
few more times, with a reboot mixed in for good measure, the adobe
download manager ran. I was then able to install the security update.

It is very obvious when the download manager starts, as a large message
notifies you. * If the adobe install DOWNLOAD MANAGER _does_not_run_,
the old version remains*, which thereby causes the win security update
to fail. - If for you the adobe download manager will not run
completely, I would recommend uninstalling adobe flash using the
authentic adobe flash uninstaller here:
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html Then try the installation
again. You can also go here
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/ and choose what browser
you are using. but, I have found that the first link I gave, works fine
for both IE and firefox and I'm guessing for most others. I do believe
it is intended for use with win xp or vista and most browsers.

--
tboltfrank
tboltfrank's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/140881.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Michael

"tboltfrank" <tboltfrank.3zi9zb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Same thing was happening to me. -- In my case the I download the flash

The last activity on this post was THREE YEARS AGO, MORON!!!!

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

tboltfrank

Re: cannot download and install Security Update for Flash Player(KB923

Well, so what if I am a Moron... Some here with far more intellect than
me and maybe even some that are nearly as smart and terrific as you are,
might be left to wonder just who promoted you to be the cheerful rule
enforcer?

"tboltfrank" <tboltfrank.3zinva@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Well, so what if I am a Moron...

What do you mean "what if"?

> Some here with far more intellect than
> me and maybe even some that are nearly as smart and terrific as you are,
> might be left to wonder just who promoted you to be the cheerful rule
> enforcer?

In three years an auto-fix was most likely developed to solve this problem.
You can take the candles off your walls. We now have lightbulbs,
electricity, indoor plumbing <in your case--maybe not>, and a useful mode of
transportation called an automobile.

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

tboltfrank

Re: cannot download and install Security Update for Flash Player

Dear Moderator:

While I appreciate that your goal is to reduce the number of posts in
the thread, by consolidating statements and/or removing clutter; could I
ask you to please consider removing an amendment that was made my a
Moderator there, to the end of my Post#8,(shown in the quote below)? As
it is now, it can only be taken out of context, as it was a reply to one
of Member Michaels' post that a Moderator removed.

Thanks

"tboltfrank" <tboltfrank.3zr87b@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Dear Moderator:
>
> While I appreciate that your goal is to reduce the number of posts in
> the thread, by consolidating statements and/or removing clutter; could I
> ask you to please consider removing an amendment that was made my a
> Moderator there, to the end of my Post#8,(shown in the quote below)? As
> it is now, it can only be taken out of context, as it was a reply to one
> of Member Michaels' post that a Moderator removed.
>
> Thanks
>> Well, so what if I am a Moron... Some here with far more intellect than
>> me and maybe even some that are nearly as smart and terrific as you are,
>> might be left to wonder just who promoted you to be the cheerful rule
>> enforcer?

> --
> tboltfrank
> tboltfrank's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/140881.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/631766.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

WTF are you crying about, Frankie-Boy? This is Usenet, not a forum. Stupid
posts, such as yours, are leeched from techarena to a public Usenet
newsgroup which is not moderated. I bet you ratted out kids in school and
brought all your teachers an apple a day. Replying to a 3 y/o post, which
an auto-fix most likey has been in effect for 2 1/2 years, shows the reading
skills of a blind house fly.

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

tboltfrank

Re: cannot download and install Security Update for Flash Player

Michael - If you were willing to actually focus on what is being written
here, instead of just trying to be so clever, you might see that
*_I_did_not_criticize_anything_that_you_wrote_*. I only asked the
Moderator to consider removing a _Moderator_initiated_edit_ in my own
post, because it was out of context. Yes out of context, because it was

And if you are still so sure that I did not recently have the same
adobe security update issue that this thread was originally created for,
and and you are so sure that there is an auto fix, then take a look at
this thread http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/1138063.htm

"tboltfrank" <tboltfrank.3zrjbb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Michael - If you were willing to actually focus on what is being written
> here, instead of just trying to be so clever, you might see that
> *_I_did_not_criticize_anything_that_you_wrote_*. I only asked the
> Moderator to consider removing a _Moderator_initiated_edit_ in my own
> post, because it was out of context. Yes out of context, because it was
>
> And if you are still so sure that I did not recently have the same
> adobe security update issue that this thread was originally created for,
> and and you are so sure that there is an auto fix, then take a look at
> this thread http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/1138063.htm
>

> --
> tboltfrank
> tboltfrank's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/140881.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/631766.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

I will assume you're replying to me since you didn't quote any of what
you're replying to. Why, may I ask, are you posting an Abode problem in a
"WINDOWS" Update newsgroup? Blind fly syndrome?

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

tboltfrank

Re: cannot download and install Security Update for Flash Player

> I will assume you're replying to me since you didn't quote any of what
> you're replying to. Very good, Michael, that is correct.
> Why, may I ask, are you posting an Abode problem in a
> "WINDOWS" Update newsgroup? Blind fly syndrome?

(1) Because this thread was the number one hit, (out of 400,000 plus),
when I searched google:
http://tinyurl.com/yzn6lqh
(2) Because for the vast majority Windows users, this is as much of a
"WINDOWS" Update issue, as it is an Adobe Flash player update issue.
(3) Because I'm human and made the mistake of not looking at how old
the thread is.

If you were to take the time to actually investigate this issue,
instead of focusing in on humor and criticism, you would soon learn that
if there is auto-fix in place, it still needs perfecting. -- To make
that more abundantly clear, is why I provided a link in my last post, to
the same issue in a different thread. A thread that was started lest
than one week ago.

--
tboltfrank
tboltfrank's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/140881.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/631766.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Harry Johnston [MVP]

Re: cannot download and install Security Update for Flash Player
tboltfrank,

I recommend that you ignore Michael. For your reference, this is actually a
global newsgroup rather than a web forum; most folk here are not using
techarena, so will not see any moderation they may be performing. We also don't
typically see the older messages you were originally replying to.

The security update KB923789 is a valid Windows XP update, but only applies if
you have not installed a more recent version of Adobe Flash Player than that
included with the operating system.

If KB923789 is incorrectly detecting as needed even though a more recent version
is present, the best course is probably to uninstall Flash Player completely, as
you have already suggested, and then install the most recent version.

I don't think any issues with the Adobe download manager are likely to be
directly related to issues with KB923789. Also note that there is no
distinction between the Flash Player and the Flash Player plugin; they're the
same thing. However, there are two different versions of the plugin, one for
Mozilla Firefox and one for Internet Explorer.

Harry.