Windows Update prolems

whizzie

Windows Update prolems
Hi,

I cannot see windows update, the screen comes up as blank. I see nothing and
can do nothing.

I am running vista home premium SP2. I have run SuperAntispyware and
Malwarebytes, they found 33 adware cookies and 1 malware which have now been
deleted. However, this has still not solved the problem.

I haven't downloaded anything new on my pc in the last couple of weeks, the
windows update just stopped working 3 days ago, when I got the message that
automatic updates wasn't turned on, so tried to turn it on and it wouldn't
let me.

I would really appreciate help in resolving this issue. Thanks

TaurArian

Re: Windows Update prolems
whizzie wrote:
:: Hi,
::
:: I cannot see windows update, the screen comes up as blank. I see
:: nothing and can do nothing.
::
:: I am running vista home premium SP2. I have run SuperAntispyware and
:: Malwarebytes, they found 33 adware cookies and 1 malware which have
:: now been deleted. However, this has still not solved the problem.
::
:: I haven't downloaded anything new on my pc in the last couple of
:: weeks, the windows update just stopped working 3 days ago, when I
:: got the message that automatic updates wasn't turned on, so tried
:: to turn it on and it wouldn't let me.
::
:: I would really appreciate help in resolving this issue. Thanks

Try the following:-

Open the Vista Start Menu search Bar and type: RUN

Click OK

Type the following lines and after each one click OK:-

regsvr32 jscript

regsvr32 vbscript

regsvr32 /i mshtml

No guarantees

Make sure you reboot, Vista loves to reboot and reboot and reboot
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2010 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Windows Update prolems

"whizzie" <whizzie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1AF0C4A5-1F3F-4DCD-BC39-D351A50EEB6C@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> I cannot see windows update, the screen comes up as blank.
> I see nothing and can do nothing.

Is this opening an IE window? Which version? Also, test your assumption
about "blank" by using View Source, Alt-V,c. Often this symptom is just a
consequence of using too tight security settings for IE which would prevent
a page's redirect from occurring. In that case you could simulate the redirect
by analysing the page or its scripts but in this case you will eventually need
to be allowing use of ActiveX anyway, so you might as well either reset
Security Settings to Default Level or make the appropriate changes
to access this site using the Trusted security zone.

> I am running vista home premium SP2.

Unfortunately I'm not on Vista right now, so I can't be more specific
about what you should be seeing. Certainly the details I mentioned
would help refine your symptom description regardless.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---