windows update fakery

seabreeze

windows update fakery
I clicked an icon , called "update",on the toolbar at the bottom of the
screen ran a full scan and "cleaning" of my computer. Could it have been a
fake? At the end it said to restart, which I did, but Windows would not
reboot, saying there was a file that was missing. The desktop is rearranged
and much data and pictures are gone. It was as if the computer was just out
of the box. I need to recover, but when I try to Restore to an earlier date,
the program won't show an earlier date than the present! Help, please.

Re: windows update fakery
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
posting to this newsgroup.

You are seeing the effects of a hijackware infection!

3. Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting requested logs
in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware:
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075

http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

**Chances are you will need to seek expert assistance in
http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php,
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 or other appropriate forums.**

www.banthecheck.com